𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒫𝑒𝒶𝒸𝑒𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓇 - 𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒪𝓌𝓁

So much for a winter wedding.

Akaashi stared at the floor, taking his time to process Kenma's words.

"So... does Kuro know that's where your scars came from?" Akaashi asked.

Kenma fidgeted with his hands.

"When we got back together he had asked, but he knows when 'm lying, so I told him. He still feels guilty... god, I'm terrible."

Kenma buried his face in his hands and hunched over his pretzel-crossed legs.

Akaashi placed one palm on Kenma's bare knee.

"You were both much younger. And you've made it past that obstacle. You have forgiven, right?" Akaashi questioned.

Kenma bit his lip.

"It's me who should be apologizing," he muttered softly. Akaashi cupped Kenma's face and offered him a warm smile.

He's like a child sometimes, he thought to himself, nearly laughing.

"Then why don't you?"

"Because I'm an asshole!" Kenma said in a matter-of-fact way. As if it was obvious. "Kuro's right. I sucked out so much of his youth with my problems, Keiji. I was toxic—I am toxic."

"Kenma..." Akaashi spoke weakly. "Every relationship has its ups and downs. Even the four of us have struggled. But that's because we all have problems and things that we need to work out. You can't expect things to be perfect, and you can't expect yourself to be perfect—"

"Akaashi, it's not about being perfect," Kenma interrupted him. He looked up at Akaashi and sucked in his teeth.

"Kuro was happier with Kei. I know he was. But because he was so hellbent on making me feel upset he never enjoyed it. I ruined Kuro's life and Tsukishima's, even though it was Kuro who was using him.

"And Kuro came back. Know why? Because when I ended up in the hospital from malnutrition he took care of me and we just slipped back into our old ways. He says he loves me but I'm just forcing him, aren't I?"

Kenma clenched his fists.

Akaashi didn't know how to respond.

They had much more history than he and Bokuto.

There was so much more going on.

So, all he could do was wait with Kenma until he fell asleep before making his way to speak with Kuroo.

"He told you?" Kuroo asked. Akaashi nodded.

Kuroo was sitting as his desk, his computer open but the screen off. He rested his elbows on his desk and ran his fingers through his hair while sighing.

"College—and high school... things were weird for us. We didn't know being gay was normal or that... we could even have sex." Kuroo smiled a bit to himself. "Hell, we didn't even know if we were in love or just really good friends. Everything was confusing and hard. And Kenma... Kenma was terrified of his parents finding out after seeing what had happened to me and... my family..." Kuroo trailed off, his brow furrowing and his eyes wandering away.

"What happened?" Akaashi asked softly.

Kuroo pushed away from his table and placed his hands on his lap. He tapped his fingers as he spoke.

"Mm... my parents walked in on me and Kenma kissing. But, we convinced them I kissed Kenma, and that he had nothing to do with it. As soon as Kenma left my dad went crazy. He was pissed and disgusted and disappointed. We even got into a physical fight. My mother went into this fit of despair and was sobbing. Not because I was getting the shit beaten out of me but because I was gay.