ᴱᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᴵˢ ᵂʳᵒⁿᵍ ᵀᵒᵈᵃʸ ⁻ ᴷⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ

TW: hot water

~

Las Vegas was no let down when it came to seeing the city in person. The movies did do the place justice. Loud, busy, bright, toxic. Colorful and rich, smelly and hot. Kenma was in awe when they landed in the airport. Just seconds after walking out of the plane he was greeted with slot machines and games. Chimes and victory music echoed through the crowded halls, large people sitting at the chairs and booths, eyes glued to the screens with hopes of winning more money. The three hadn't even made it into the city and already they could see, it was true, how addicted people were to gambling. But still, the warm weather was nice when they grabbed their bags and finally stepped out. Palm trees. Kenma had never seen palm trees before - they were fake of course. But he didn't have long to admire because the car service pulled up rather quickly, thanks to the volleyball team's popularity. Kuroo, Kenma, and Akaashi had to leave separately from Bokuto, but the coach was nice enough to help them arrange transportation and hotel rooms. Well, more like Bokuto would've sobbed the entire time if the poor old man hadn't. But in any case, Kenma was looking forward to this trip.

~

The car ride to the Bellagio wasn't as long as he had expected, so when Kuroo gently shook him awake from his short nap, the younger man hissed and glared, pouting at the sunlight.

"Up, up, up!" Kuroo chirped, pulling Kenma out of the car and carrying him out. Kenma nearly shrieked, looking around nervously as he tried to crawl out of Kuroo's grasp.

"Moron! We're in public!" Kenma stage-whispered, angry and worried. Kuroo tilted his head to the side.

"So?"

"So?! So, what if someone sees?!" He wondered. Kuroo sighed, a smile forming on his lips.

"My love," he murmured, placing his hands on Kenma's hips and gripping them carefully when Kenma tried to move away. "We aren't in Japan anymore," he murmured, kissing the smaller man's ear. Kenma's eyes widened a bit. They were in Nevada. Las Vegas, Nevada. In America. Where... gay marriage is legal. Kenma felt his heart begin to calm, his arms wrapping around Kuroo's lower back while he buried his face in the tall man's chest. He was still a bit nervous but now he knew. He was in a place where who he loves didn't matter. Who he was didn't matter.

"Oh my God, is that that YouTuber? Kodzuken?"

Well, maybe he did matter a bit still.

Kenma kept his face d while he walked to the trunk to grab his bags. Kuroo helped Akaashi out of the car, tipping the driver and lifting both his and Keiji's things, arms bulging through his tight shirt. Kenma had to look away, swallowing and taking a few deep breaths.

Don't get hard. Don't get hard. It's nothing, just Kuroo's arms. His biceps. Muscular-but he's always been that way! Jeez, you're not a teenager anymore, control yourself. Kenma continued to chastise himself while he followed his husbands into the hotel. However, once inside his thoughts instantly evaporated.

It was beautiful, the ceiling a massive skylight and large plants growing in the center. Mosaics and golden animals lined the walls and floors. It was just grande.

Kenma started to have trouble with appreciating the vastness of the Bellagio though.

He looked around and tugged at his shirt, pulling the hem over his pants. He felt uncomfortable. Out of place. His skin was crawling. He wanted a hoodie. Something to cover up. Hide. He needed to hide. He saw Kuroo holding his blazer over his arm, white button up sleeves rolled up and the first few buttons undone on his collar. Kenma stared at the satiny fabric. He shook his head and stared at his hands, holding his arm with one and rubbing the back of his neck with the other. He chewed his lip, nipping at the flakey skin. Kenma wanted to disappear.