ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕖 ℍ𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕋𝕠𝕕𝕒𝕪 - 𝕂𝕦𝕣𝕠

As a treat for me taking so long to update... y'all get an extra long chapter :))

TW: self-harm & gore

Kuroo couldn't remember the last time he got a good night's sleep.

For starters, he got the promotion. Awesome. Wonderful. Bigger salary, better vacations, and a spacious office of his own. However, the workload increased tenfold. He was still running around around the place, sending people to different floors to communicate with different people. He was staring at his computer all day and all night, drafting emails and editing power-points his colleagues had screwed up. Reading and proof-reading and changing and reading. Coffee, working, coffee, work, coffee and work, maybe lunch, work, tea, because Akaashi was getting worried about Kuroo's coffee consumption rate, work, lights out, and all that was left was his bright blue computer screen glaring back at him. He barely made it home.

A makeshift bed had formed under his desk one winter when he decided to bring a blanket since the heaters were lowered in the night because almost no one was inside the building, and he knew he would be in late. He had fallen asleep at his desk and awoke in a puddle of drool and a co-worker nervously poking him. The bed was really just a futon under his desk, not the smartest place because nearly every morning his slammed his forehead against the wood.

Bokuto was out for the week because they were playing a game on the other side of Japan, and he wouldn't be back until late Thursday night. So Kenma was left, working from home while managing his company and YouTube career. Akaashi went back into the editing business. He managed to get his job back, you audio and braille to listen and read his clients'work before making slight adjustments and offering advice. He was going great but Everyone felt on edge when he left the house, so the three had been trying desperately to convince their husband to stay home and so far, it was to no avail.

And the babies.

God, he missed the babies.

Akemi and Taiki were growing fast, already crawling around the house. Kenma had installed baby gates near all the stairs and bathrooms, and cushioned all the sharp corners too. Poorly, sure, but Kuroo had been able to help somewhat. Still, he wanted to see the little ones. He always felt so relaxed with them in his arms.

Kuroo rubbed his neck and inhaled, before letting out a long and tired sigh. Dark circles and puffy eye bags were not a good look. He started gelling significantly because it couldn't be unruly during meetings, but he hated the feeling of running his fingers through the stiff tresses. His eyelids drooped and he had to pinch the back of his hand to snap him out of it. He clenched his jaw and checked the time.

1:04 a.m.

"Shit, it's already one?" He muttered, rubbing his face.

Kuroo glanced at the futon.

He really, really didn't want to sleep there.

"Fuck," he muttered, pushing away from the table and standing up. He nearly fainted from just that, plopping back down in the chair. This time, he moved more slowly, leaning against the desk before turning. He shutdown his computer and felt his eyes scream happily, finally void of the blue light. He walked over to the coat stand and grabbed his jacket, glancing around the office to make sure he had everything before stepping out and locking the door.

He nearly dozed off on the elevator ride down to the garage, but the loud ding snapped him out of his daze, reminding him of the warm bed that was waiting for him at home.

Luckily, his car was at the front, waiting for him with the valet inside.

"Another long night, huh?" He asked, stepping out of the car and handing Kuroo the key. "Finally heading home? It's been over a week."