𝒩𝑜 𝒟𝒶𝓎 𝒪𝒻 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉 - 𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒪𝓌𝓁

Akaashi hated himself.

He was quiet and cool-headed when his boyfriends were not.

He could be kind and warm to those he cared for.

But he could never be that to himself.

His inability to stand in a hospital was the last straw.

Akaashi was ready to scream.

But he couldn't.

Because he was quiet and cool-headed when his boyfriends were not.

So he sat in silence.

Gritting his teeth and clenching his hands.

He tried to go.

He nearly passed out, standing in front of the building.

Bokuto had forbidden him from trying again.

Kenma and Bokuto were at home.

Kuroo was not.

Kuro.

No one spoke his name.

Not for a week.

Not for a month.

The name in itself brought tears upon each one.

A simple word.

"Black"

Akaashi woke up in a strange pile.

Kenma's head was resting on Akaashi's chest, his long locks sprawled across the two men.

Bokuto was giving Akaashi a strange side-hug, snoring softly in his boyfriend's ear.

Akaashi couldn't feel his arm.

But as he tried to escape, he noticed both boys had red faces that were rubbed raw.

Akaashi gently touched Kenma's cheek, watching the boy recoil a bit from the pain. He shifted around, groaning softly and ending up fully on top of Akaashi. The latter smiled gently at Kenma's strange sleeping habits. Akaashi moved his hand up and down Kenma's back to soothe him. Kenma shifted his head, bonking his forehead right into Bokuto's. They slowly woke up, blinking away the sleep.

Kenma rolled off of Akaashi, burying his face into a pillow and nestling up in the blanket. He wasn't going to get up for a while. Bokuto, on the other hand, sat up and rubbed his eyes, yawning. Akaashi's arm began to tingle, so he gently shook the limb in an attempt to make it stop.

"Morning," Bokuto greeted. He pressed his lips against Akaashi's cheek before smiling.

"Good morning," Akaashi replied in a soft voice, a bit flustered but the gesture. He sat up whilst wincing and gently rubbed his tired neck.

"Should we make Kenma get up?" Bokuto asked. Akaashi glanced over at Kenma, his eyes hovering for a moment.

Kenma had taken a break from YouTube. A month-long break.

It had been a month since the incident.

"Let him sleep a bit longer," he whispered, rubbing Kenma's cheek with his thumb.

Akaashi tensed when he felt Bokuto gently kiss his neck.

"Bo—" he started, covering the back of his neck with his hand.

He heard Bokuto falter.

"Sorry, Akaashi," he murmured before sliding off the bed.

Akaashi gripped the bedsheets in one hand and didn't look back as Bokuto left the room for a jog.

Things were different between everyone.

Kenma had grown needier.

Bokuto wasn't even half as cheery as his former self.

And Akaashi...

Akaashi could only stand so much physical contact.

But it was worse with Bokuto.

It could have been because of what he said before he ran away.

Or perhaps it was a random relapse.

Either way, Akaashi was more nervous than ever. He had taken Kenma's place and stayed home all day. He still cooked and cleaned, but he had taken a leave of absence from work. Bokuto was already sitting out because of his concussion, but he would probably remain in Osaka even after he gets cleared.

Kenma stirred, which pulled Akaashi out of his thoughts. Kenma turned on his side and opening his eyes just halfway. He stared at Akaashi's hand which was propping up the latter on the bed. Kenma moved his forefinger to Akaashi's and gently tapped the digit.

"Good morning," Akaashi cooed as he tapped Kenma's finger in return.

"Mm," Kenma replied, his voice rasping since he never drank water at night. "What time is it?" He asked whilst looking round in search of a clock.

"Eight in the morning," Akaashi answered with a gentle tone. "Shall I make breakfast?" Kenma sat up, his long hair falling over his face. He ran his fingers through his tresses and yawned.

"Mm." Kenma plopped his head onto Akaashi's shoulder, nearly falling asleep again. "'M gonna go to the hospital," he declared in a cautious manner. Kenma glanced at Akaashi carefully. Akaashi stiffened for a fraction of a second.

"Okay." He placed his hand on Kenma's leg, caressing his thigh so the two would relax. Kenma nuzzled Akaashi's neck and let out a long sigh.

"Should I take some pictures?" Kenma wondered. Akaashi pondered for a moment.

"No," he decided as he closed his eyes.

"Aren't you afraid of forgetting his face?" Kenma questioned. Akaashi smiled at the question.

"No," he declared, kissing Kenma softly on the cheek and making the boy giggle.

"How could I ever forget his face?"

SORRY, IT WAS KINDA SHORT :') SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER :D

ALSO I NEED TO GET TO 50,000 WORDS TOTAL TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE 2021 WATTYS AWARD SO EXPECT SOME LONGER CHAPTERS IN THE FUTURE—ION EVEN KNOW IF THE STORY WILL WIN THO😔

K HAVE A NICE DAY<3