Chapter 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Young and naive

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long night the day break brought glimmers of warmth. The golden light softly caressed the land and ignited the birds into a chorus of melodies. The sun shone brightly and from where it is placed in the sky I could tell it was early morning. But I didn't need the sun to tell me that as our stomachs did that job for us.

"Can we pleaseee stop and eat somewhere," I whined getting quite restless as I stretched my feet out of the stirrups riding inbetween my brothers.

We wore our fighting attire; thor his usual red armour Loki in his dark elusive green clothes. I wore dark protective leggings a short grey metal chain dress with a gold breast plate and red skirt topped of with high rise metal boots with matching arm guards, thank you Sif.

"I believe there is a small lake around 100 yards or so North from here," Thor turned down a different path already deciding when and where we are stopping, typical always thought he was in charge.

We jumped off our horses, tied them to some trees and grabbed what little food we had out of our saddle bags, then relaxed down in front of the lake. The sound of the rushing waterfall filled the silence as it ran into the clear blue lake, it fell from a cliff face which carried on into a series of hills, covered in tall dark trees and luscious greenery.

Crunch.

Our heads shot up to the sound of a broken twig above the cascading waterfall, as we slowly reached to our weapons.

"What was that," I spoke in a soft quiet whisper.

I suddenly realised how young and experienced I was I had not yet been in a dangerous situation like this before, unlike Loki and Thor who did this sort of thing routinely.

"Stay, I will go and look," Loki shot a reassuring look to me and a warning look to Thor as if to ensure he would stay before he teleported away.

"Well, we cannot just let him have all the fun," Thor smirked.

I smiled in agreement as we set off in our assent up the cliff face. We made our way up to see our brother tackling a man with an axe against a tree.

"And why is that?" Loki spoke seeming more confident than this man.

"They .. will kill you ... Like I will ... for entering our territory," he spat as he grabbed Loki's dagger and swung out of his grip then launched at him.

A simple flash of green allowed it to disappear then reappear in Loki's hand again which allowed him to skilfully throw it directly into his throat.

He would be dead in a minute.

"Don't ever touch a God's weapon," Loki mocked him.

He bent down to retrieve his dagger cleaning it on the man's dark brown cape revealing the same crest we seemed to be seeing everywhere.

"Your a Berserker," he said shocked.

In all honestly I thought today would be a waste of time as I didn't believe that they could have made a whole secret society without us knowing, let alone actually finding it.