Earth To Mars: Chapter 43

She just stared at me, "What do you mean?" "What do you love the most after me?" I said making my words clear. "Music." she mumbled. I heard exactly what she said, but I wanted her to say it again. "Huh?" "Music Bruno! You know it means a lot to me. That's all we used to talk about in high school." I nodded, "Right." She frowned at me, "Why do you care?" "Because you're still one of my first friends, I understand your pain." "Cut the bullshit, what are you going to do?"

"I'll dedicate a song to you, if you cut the bullshit." "What do you mean dedicate?" "I'll write a song from your point of view, and I'll put in on my album." She looked away, "You wouldn't do that.." I shifted positions, "No, I swear I will. But, you have to leave us alone." She looked at me again, "What's the song going to be called?" I took a deep breath, "Grenade." She looked at me like I had lost my mind, "What? That's stupid." "Just wait, you'll understand." She didn't say anything so I scooted closer to her and whispered in her ear, "And it'll be our little thing we have together. No one else will understand or know about this. I promise." "Our special thing?" "Yes." "No one else will know?" "I promise." "On your album?" "Absolutely." She took a deep breath and I put my hand on her shoulder, "Deal?"

She looked down, "Deal." I stood up, "Alright well I'm gonna leave now.." "Bruno, the song better be good." "I got you. I promise." I said walking towards the door. "I'll leave you and your dumb girlfriend alone. But, if you don't fall threw you will have hell to pay." I nodded, "Yes ma'am." I turned to her one last time, "Thank you." She rolled her eyes, "You're welcome.." I went out, closed the door and hurried to my car. I jumped in and threw my head back and breathed deeply.

I couldn't believe that worked. Only time will tell if it honestly truly did. I'm going to fall through on my side of the deal. Maybe it would stop all the crazy shit from happening. She was not the same person that she used to be, she really went way downhill. I just wanted the problems in my life to go away and it looked like once again music was going to be the answer. I started the car and made my way home.

I opened one eye and it was pitch black. I didn't even realize I had fell asleep. I leaned up on my elbows and looked around. All of the girls we're sleeping. I slowly sat up and crept around everyone and made my way into the bedroom. Bruno wasn't home yet. I frowned a bit to myself but, I still just hoped for the better. I changed into my pajamas and fell into my bed. I pulled the blankets up on me and put myself into a ball. I missed Bruno so much right now. I kept telling myself that he was okay, and he did the right thing. I closed my eyes and began drifting off to sleep. But, then I heard the front door creep open.

I slowly shut the front door behind me. I was trying to make as little noise as possible. I tip-toed around everyone and went into the bedroom. I slowly closed the door behind me. I stripped down to my boxers and crawled into the bed behind Diamond. I started to put my arms around her and she flipped over quickly. We just stared into each other's eyes. I took her in my arms and she buried her head in my chest. I stroked her hair. It was like we both could feel each other's pain. "Diamond." I whispered. She looked up at me and whispered back, "Bruno."