Earth To Mars: Chapter 65

Someone I didn't know came and handed us our bouquets of flowers. I put them close to my chest and closed my eyes. I heard clapping, awes, and I opened my eyes to see bright lights flashing from pictures. Leyiah went, Tori went, then Michelle, then Jasmine, then it was finally my turn. I closed my eyes breathed in deeply and walked out into the church smiling like a fool. I looked to Kam standing by the alter and then to my left to see Bruno. Damn he looked stunning. We slowly walked up to each other and he grabbed my arm and ushered me down the aisle. There we're so many pictures being taken. When we finally got in front of the alter he let me go and we walked into our correct lines. I looked towards the door just waiting for Carla to come. I knew that when I see her, I was going to tear up.

The music that we walked out on stopped playing and it got silent. My heartbeat sped up and a special song started playing. I looked to the front door, and she slowly walked in. I looked to Kameron and he shook his head slowly and smiled. Everyone stood up and applauded her as she slowly walked down the aisle, her train flowed beautifully behind her. I couldn't imagine being in her position. When she finally got down to the alter, her and Kameron stood looking at each other. It got quiet in the church again.

The minister began.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God, and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

"Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body and mind. It is intended for their mutual joy and for the help and comfort given on another in prosperity and adversity. But more importantly it is a means through which a stable and loving environment may be attained."

"Through marriage, Kameron and Carla make a commitment together to face their disappointments, embrace their dreams, realize their hopes, and accept each other's failures. Kameron and Carla will promise one another to aspire to these ideals throughout their lives together – through mutual understanding, openness, and sensitivity to each other."

"We are here today before God, because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes, to witness the joining in marriage of Kameron and Carla. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which this man and this woman begin their life together. And now, through me. He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds. The bride and groom both have wrote vows for each other that they would like to exchange."

The minister handed Carla a piece of paper. She took a deep breath and began reading.

"I, Carla, take you, Kameron, to be my bestfriend, my lover, and my husband. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to be here for you no matter where your career may take you. I also promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity."

Tears flowed down my face, weddings we're some of the most beautiful things in the entire world. The minister handed Kameron his piece of paper and he began reading as well.

"Carla, Babygirl, I love you. Long ago you were just a dream and a prayer. This day like a dream come true Lord Himself has answered that prayer. For today, Carla, you as my joy become my crown and my everything. I thank Jesus for the honor of going through time with you. Thank you for being what you are to me. With our future as bright as the promises of God, I will care for you, honor and protect you. I lay down my life for you, Carla, my bestfriend and my love. Today I give to you me."

I stood there unable to speak, tears flowed quietly down my face. I knew that Kameron loved Carla, but I didn't know she was that special to him. I looked out to the crowd and I seen some people crying as well......

The minister looked at Kameron and began talking again.

"Do you Kameron take Carla to be your wife – to live together after God's ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?"

Kameron nodded slowly, "I really do."

The minister smiled and turned to Carla,

"Do you Carla take Kameron to be your husband, to live together after God's ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?"

Carla nodded as well, "I do."

The minister held out the rings, and they both slid them onto each other's fingers. I looked up to Bruno for the first time since the wedding had began, and he smiled softly.

"By the power invested in me. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

They slowly looked back into each other's eyes and Kameron leaned in slowly to her. They shared a very passionate kiss that I felt in my own soul. When they unlocked lips we all applauded and cheered. I was crying my eyes out, I wiped my face with my hand hoping to make some of the mascara that was most likely all over my face disappear.

"I now present you as Mr. and Ms. Whalum."

Music played again and they began walking out of the chapel. Each set of bridesmaids and groomsmen followed them. I grabbed Bruno's arm and carefully walked out with him. I was dying to know how he was feeling about all of this. We all cheered, clapped, and cried as we went downstairs again.

We continued on hugging and crying with each other. I took I don't know how many pictures until it was finally time to head to the reception. I finally hugged Bruno again and he smiled. "Now I got to get threw this performance." he said grabbing his guitar. "You will do perfect, watch." He nodded, "I'm praying." We both walked with each other outside. People surrounded us quickly. They began asking Bruno thousands of questions and asking for autographs. He waved everything off and we hurried into the limo.

When we got in, he looked lightly angry. I went over and sat next to him and put my hand on his knee. "Bru, don't let it get to you, okay?" He just nodded. I shifted positions so that my face was right next to his, "No really. You're going to have to get used to that believe it or not." He looked over to me, "I know but, I hate it." I fixed one of his curls in his head that had began to fall, "I know you do, but, I promise you'll get through it babe." He smiled to me, I guess he was acknowledging the fact that I had just called him babe. "You make everything right for me." he whispered. "You only deserve it.." Once again we started leaning in for a kiss, but this time Phil interrupted it by opening the limo door. "Aye yo kids, what's good?" Bruno shook his head, "Ready to get up on this damn stage." "I know man, I'm dying for it!" he said hopping up into the limo.

Everyone started pilling in and we turned up the music loud. We started drinking champagne and just having a good time. The limo was really nice I had to say, Kameron really did a good job on this one. I made sure I didn't drink too much because I still wanted to have a good time at the reception. Bruno, Phil, Phred, and Eric barely even drank anything. I was proud of all of them. We finally pulled up to the hall, and we all sat in the limo watching people walk in and out of the hall. Bruno quickly looked to me, "I'm so nervous Diamond. I can't do this.".........