Earth To Mars: Chapter 67

I felt as if I couldn't breathe. Did Bruno just propose to me? I listened as he started singing Just The Way You Are. I felt tears coming, he was so perfect, just the way he was. I didn't care about anything he had ever done to me in the past anymore. I closed my eyes and listened to his voice echoing throughout the hall. I listened to every word, they gave me a feeling I had never felt before.

I felt tears coming down my face yet again. He made me feel so special in every way. Bruno just basically proposed to me in front of all of these people. His high notes took me over the top. Right as he finished his last note, I ran backstage. I listened as he thanked the crowd and they cheered for him. The butterflies in my stomach grew stronger. He walked into the room and instantly smiled ear to ear when he saw me. I shook my head and smiled like a fool. He came over and took me in his arms. "Bruno." I said looking in his eyes. "Diamond." he said back. "What you said on st–." He put his finger up to my mouth, "Shhh. Let me do this right."

He walked over to a couch and reached up underneath it. He pulled out the little black box. I instantly put my head back over my mouth. He came back in front of me and put the box behind his back. "Now I've been wanting to do this for so long, but I just wanted to wait for the right time." I just shook my head and tried to keep myself from crying even more. I couldn't form words. He went down to one knee and slowly opened the box. He took a deep breath, "Diamond Richardson, will you marry me?" I nodded several times before yelling yes. He took the ring out of the box and slid it onto my finger. When he finally did it my hands we're trembling uncontrollably. He stood up and smiled at me.

He took my in his arms and I hugged him tightly. I leaned out and he wiped my tears away. "Bruno.. you're just.." Before I could say anything else. He kissed me. He grabbed took my face in his hands and I ran my fingers threw his hair. We hadn't kissed like that in years. The passion in his lips took my breath away. When we finally unlocked he tilted his head into mine, "I want to be able to do that everyday for the rest of my life." "Yes, yes you can." I cried. I was so emotional right now. He took me in my arms again and I buried my head into his chest. All I could do is cry. He slowly rubbed my back.

I really didn't mean to make her cry like this. But, I think they we're tears of joy. I think I was finally ready to make changes in my life. It was all about making her happy. She finally stopped crying and I wiped her tears. "You can stop crying now.." I said smiling. She laughed, "I really can't." I moved a piece of hair from her face. "Now since you mine..." I started to say smirking. She laughed and lightly punched me. "Let's go out here and have a good time okay?" I said putting my arm around her. "As long as I'm with you. I'll always have a good time." We started walking towards the door and I stopped. "Wait, so does this mean you take me back?" She started laughing, "Yes Bruno, I take you back." I continued walking, "Alright just making sure."

We walked out into the hall and I instantly looked down to my ring again. It was so beautiful, and I felt already that it was special to me. It wasn't the biggest diamond in the world, but it had a lot of love behind it. Michelle came up to us, "Good performance Bruno." she said lightly pushing him. "Thank you, thank you." he said smiling. I looked at Bruno and then back to Michelle. I was just waiting for her to notice something. She shifted postions, "Wait, are you guys back together now?" I put my hand out, "More then back together." She at the ring and then at both of us quickly, "No?!?!" "Yes!" Bruno said kissing my cheek. "Oh my god!" she said hugging both of us. "I'm so so happy." I looked at Bruno, "I am too Michelle." Bruno put his arm back around me, "Yeah it's all mine.." I looked at him in mock horror, "I'm not property!" I joked. He laughed, "I know babe, I know."

I looked down to this beautiful woman I had under my arm. I wanted to spend the rest of my life loving in and making her smile in any way I could. She taught me what the word love is. She was the only one that would deal with me and all I came with. She was the one.