Earth To Mars: Chapter 66

She looked at me like I was crazy, "What do you mean? You can't just not do it." I shook my head, "I know, but all these people. And this song. They're not going to like me at all, I feel–" "Bruno!" she spoke up quickly quieting me. "You are Bruno Mars okay, I've watched you for seven years, you can do anything you put your mind to. Don't tell me you can't." I nodded slowly, I loved when she talked to me like this. It made me feel confident about everything again. The limo driver opened up the door and a gust of air hit me. "Thank you so much." I said looking at her again. "No problem, just a little pep talk." she said smiling. I leaned down and grabbed my guitar. "Let's go, let's go!" Phil said jumping out of the limo first.

I jumped out after Kameron, and helped Diamond out. I kissed her on the cheek, "I gotta go babe. See you while I'm on stage." "See you soon. Kill em' dead." I laughed as I walked away, "I'll try." I walked into a back door on the side of the hall behind Phil and Phred. Eric followed close behind me. Thank god for back doors right now, because I couldn't go threw what I had went threw at the church again. When we got in we went threw a door that lead us to backstage. We we'e set to play a couple of songs, and then I was asked to do my new single that would come out next week. I was past anxious at this point.

I went and used the restroom hoping that would take off of some of my anxiety. It did, but only a small fraction of it. I went back to the backstage and started pacing. I had no idea why I was so nervous all of a sudden. I was just perfectly fine. I went and leaned against the wall and hummed Count On Me to myself. I imagined that Diamond was singing to me, and it calmed me down a bit. "You bout' ready?" Phil said coming in the room. I nodded, it was all I could do. "Alright well they gave us the okay to start setting up.

I walked out on the stage and started hooking my guitar up. Eric sat the drums and lightly hit the base drum. People started to come towards the stage and a couple waved at me and I waved back. I looked out to everyone and saw that everyone was in the room. I guess I could finally start. I threw on my guitar and loosened my tie a bit. I went up to the mic and looked over to Phil. He gave me the ready-whenever-you-are look.

"Good Evening everyone. First of all I think we should all give a round of applause to Kameron and Carla congratulating them on their marriage." Everyone clapped. "Some of you may know me as Bruno Mars and I'm here to play a couple of songs for my dear friend Carla here before the DJ takes over for the rest of the night." I watched as people started filling up the front of the floor below the stage. "1, 2, 1, 2, 3." Eric began playing the drums and we performed a song called Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. I watched as everyone danced and had a good time to the song.

I walked up as close as I could to the stage and watched Bruno closely. He looked so beautiful strumming his guitar and singing. Mostly all of his curls had fallen and I seen that he had loosened his tie. He honestly made me want to jump on the stage and not care if people watched us. I danced with family and friends as Bruno and the guys played another wedding song. He was doing an amazing job, and I couldn't wait to tell him that.

"Alright alright. I got a small treat for everyone." Bruno said as the song they we're playing was over. "If any of you are my fans you know that my album is set to come out in October." Everyone clapped and I could tell it made him feel good. "This song that I am about to sing will be released next Thursday, so make sure you support ya' boy and buy it on iTunes." he said laughing. I lightly laughed with him, he was so amazing in every way. He looked directly at me in my eyes, "This song is dedicated to the bride." My stomach went into a knot, why was he looking at me I wasn't the bride? He kept looking at me and he started strumming his guitar, "This is called Just The Way You Are." I put my hand over my mouth, was he really saying what I think he was saying?