Earth To Mars: Chapter 58

I walked back into the room and it got really quiet. I smiled, "It's okay everyone, we're all fine." I looked to Bruno as I sat down, "Right babe?" He nodded, "Yep." I stared him down, he knew what the hell he was doing. I was now going to make things as hard for him as possible.

Phil gave me a look. I leaned in towards him, "Oh don't worry Phil everything is just fine." I looked down to her and watched her smile to Michelle as they talked. "You look like you're up to something.." I looked back at Phil, "Na, I'm going to just go with the flow."I scooted myself all the way up to the table and ate my food.

After we ate I sat around talking with the girls and we all watched as the guys went up to the stage to try and figure out their places and such for next week. "You guys know we're still going out tomorrow right?" Carla said looking to all of us. Carla had been telling us for weeks that the Saturday after rehearsals we we're all going out to celebrate. I had completely forgot, but I had just got really excited. "Oh I'll be there." I said still watching Bruno. I hope he was ready for a nice surprise. Everyone stared at me, "I don't like the way you're looking." Michelle said. I looked at her, "Oh don't worry girl. Everything will be just fine."

I adjusted the strap on my guitar and looked out to see Diamond looking at me. I frowned at her and looked back down to my guitar. I guess I didn't realize that I was being rough with it. "Whoa there, why are you so mad at the guitar?" Phred said. "I'm not mad.." I said still looking down. He laughed, and I shot him a look. His face went blank. I glanced back over to Diamond, I guess she wanted to see a whole other side of me. She was going to get just that. Kameron came up on the stage, "We in The Vanguard tomorrow night!" I quickly looked at him, "We're going out tomorrow night?" "Yeah man, I been telling your ass this for weeks." I nodded and smiled, "You're right.." That gave me an idea. "The girls going?" I said strumming my guitar. "Of course." I smiled even bigger. Oh how I couldn't wait till' tomorrow night now. We continued practicing and it felt good to sing up on a stage again.

I woke up feeling well rested, even though I did miss my bed at home. I got up and and went to the bathroom and washed my face. I smiled to myself as I brushed my teeth. Tonight was going to be a very interesting night. I walked out into the living room to find Cary watching TV. "Morning Cary." I said as I sat in the chair. "Oh good morning Diamond, how'd you sleep?" "Really well, thanks." He nodded, "Awesome." Michelle walked in and sat next to Cary. They kissed and it made me miss Bruno a bit but, I pushed it to the back of my mind. "Cary is going to go out with us tonight." She said rubbing his arm. I was surprised, he usually didn't like those types of things. "Really now?" He shrugged, "Yeah you know, I gotta get out and live a little." I smiled, "Good. Who's going to watch Devin?" "He's going to over his grandma's." Michelle said. "Awww, that's good." Now I was really excited to go out tonight. It just wasn't coming fast enough.

I wrote a couple lines down in my notebook. I had almost two songs finished that I still had no melodies for. But, I had all of the week before the wedding to work on them. I couldn't get tonight off of my mind. I invited everyone over to my house for a little drinking before we went out. Kenji was nice enough to be our designated driver. And that meant that I was going to have myself a good time. I smiled to myself. A really really good time.

I went out and bought me a new dress for tonight and the whole day Michelle asked me if I was up to something and I simply told her that I wasn't. I mean I really wasn't, but at the same time I was. It all depended on how Bruno reacted. Tori told us that she wouldn't drink very much tonight and that if anyone needed rides, she would help. I heard from Kam that we weren't having drinks before we went out at my place. This only made me get even more excited.

I stood in the mirror and smoothed my dress down my curves. "Diamond you almost ready?" Michelle said walking past the guest room. "Yep!" I said smiling to myself in the mirror. I curled my hair and added some makeup. I have to say that I looked beautiful tonight. I walked out into the living room and showed myself to the girls. They all whistled and howled at me. I laughed, "Stop it."

I buttoned up my shirt and threw on my suit. I made sure I wore the one that Diamond loved. Too bad she wouldn't get to take if off me tonight. I grabbed my grey and black fedora and put it on. I adjusted all of my clothes and winked to myself. The doorbell rang and I went and answered it. Kam and Carla walked in with the famous brown paper bags. "Let's get this shit started." I said strongly.