Earth To Mars: Chapter 31

Some of my words we're crossed out and scribbled out with pen. Some pages we're even missing."What? I didn't do anything.." I walked over to her and put the notebook in her face, "Why did you write all in it? What were you thinking?" She moved her face away, "Bruno what the fuck! I just said I didn't do anything." I knew she was lying to me, right in my face. I snatched it away, "I swear you're going to keep playing games with me and I'm gonna.." I stopped in mid sentence. I didn't want to say anything I would regret. She stood up, "If you want me to continue helping you on your album, then you better watch how you talk to me." Even though me, Phil, and Ari could produce the whole album by ourselves, I needed her help.

It was her who got me signed in the first place. I shook my head, "Look I'm sorry. I just don't like when people mess with my shit." "Whatever Bruno." she said walking out of the room. Phred walked in, "What going on?" I sat back down on the couch looking at the notebook, "Nothing.. at least nothing I can control." He went and sat at the keyboard, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I nodded, "I guess you're right." He started playing random little chords that I liked. Soon, it turned into a jamming session and me and him we're hoping that we we're making another good hit.

I tossed and turned a couple more times. There was no point in fighting it, I was woke now. I looked up at the alarm clock and realized that I had slept for two hours. I reached out for my cell phone on the nightstand, nothing new. I got up and went to the bathroom and came back to my phone. I dialed Bruno's number.

I looked over to Karmen as I played my guitar. I knew she liked the way I grinded against it when I played, and I wanted her to be jealous of what she could no longer have. I closed my eyes and focused on the notes I was playing. It was a tune that I really couldn't wait to find words for. I felt like it was something big. I heard my phone ringing and looked over to see Karmen answer it before I got a chance to

"Hello??" I asked raising my eyebrow. "Yeah hi Diamond!" I knew it was Karmen, but why was she answering his phone? "Hi?" "Yeah Bruno's working on this song right now, I think you're going to love it!" I fake smiled to myself, "I bet." "Oh wait nevermind here he is! Talk to you later."

I frowned at her as I took my phone phone away, "Hey babe." "Hi Brunz, find you're notebook?" "Actually, I'm going to talk to you about that when I get home." I said looking at Karmen. "Okay, well what do you want for dinner?" "Whatever you can whip up." "Alright, see you soon then." "Alright, love ya." "Love you more." I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket.

"Please don't ever answer my phone," I said adjusting my guitar strap. "I was just doing you a favor." You can do me a favor by getting out of my fucking life I thought to myself. "Yeah, okay." I watched her as she got up and went to the mixing board. "Maybe you guys should add some of this." Me and Phred both started up playing again and she added just what I was looking for.

I walked into the kitchen and looked into the refrigerator. I decided on spaghetti and meatballs with some garlic bread. Bruno wouldn't complain, that boy could eat. Right as I was almost done he walked in the door. He walked over to me and got behind me and put his hands around my waist, "Smells good." I smiled and turned around to kiss him. He kissed me deeper than I was expecting. "Whoa Bruno, what's all of that for." He shrugged, "I don't know just letting you know how I feel sometimes."

I giggled, "That's what words are for.." He leaned in closer and whispered, "Who needs words when I got lips like yours." It gave me butterflies and I bit my lip. He still always managed to do this to me. "I don't have a comeback for that one." "Good two points for Bruno, three for Diamond." I smiled and pushed him away. " Now, tell me about this notebook situation.. it's been on my mind." His smile slowly faded away as he took a step back.