Earth To Mars: Chapter 40

He didn't respond again and I grabbed his arm before he could get into the car. He tried to pull away, but I didn't let go. "Please let me go Diamond." "No, I don't want you to do anything stupid." I said trying to look him in his eyes. "I'm not.." "How do I know that?" I whispered. He finally looked at me again, with that same anger in his eyes, "Let me go." I started to let go but, I didn't. I shook my head and as I tried not to cry again, "Bruno no. Please no. You told me not to let you do it! I'm not going to let you." He took his other hand and grabbed me by my shirt, "I'm not going to DO IT." he screamed. He had never yelled at me like that, even in some of our worst arguments. I was so scared right now, I didn't know what was going through that mind of his.

"Bruno please.. calm down.." I whispered. He shook his head, "I can't. I can't let her keep doing this to my life." "Okay.. and what are you going to do about it?" "I don't know right now.." he whispered. He slowly let go of my shirt. "Just don't do anything stupid." I said looking down. "I can't promise you that." I looked back up to him quickly, "What do you mean?!" "I said, I can't promise you that." I shook my head in disbelief, "You can't just say something like that." He moved my arm away from him before he walked past me back towards the front door. What the fuck is he doing.

I stormed in and went towards Karmen, "Give me your phone." She looked up at me, "No.." "Just give it to me please!" I said stronger holding my hand out. She reached into her pocket and handed me her phone. "What are you doing?" I heard Diamond say from behind me. I opened up her contacts and looked for Nicole's name. I found it and dialed.

I stood straight up, listening to it ring. Everyone stared at me. "Helloooo?" "Where are you?" "Oh Bruno! Haven't talk to you in awhile, how's your girlfriend? She remember everything okay?" "Where the fuck are you?" "Owhh, someones a little pissed off?" "Nicole, I swear if you don't tell me where you are.." She cut me off, "Whoa there, you don't have to threaten me.. I can tell you exactly where I am.. I've been waiting for you to come and see me." "Tell me then." I said strongly. "1527 Carroll Avenue.. I'll be waiting." "I'm on my way." I hung up the phone and dropped it back onto Karmen's lap.

I went and stood in front of the door, "Bruno please don't go over there!" "Diamond, I can't keep letting this happen. I can't keep letting her put me and you in danger. She's tried to kill both of us, and she's not going to stop until we're both six feet fucking under. Do you want that?!" 

I shook my head, "No but, what if she tries to kill you now?!" He looked down, "Then baby, I will be dead, at least you will be safe. That's all I care about." Is he serious? I loved him, but I would never want him to do something like this for me. I looked down and he grabbed my face bringing it back up. He kissed me and I felt all of his emotions he had built up inside. He leaned his head into mine, "I love you so much." "I love you too Bruno." He walked around me and went out the door.

I got into my car and reached into the back seat. I grabbed my fedora and put it on. I drove to the address as fast as I could. My emotions we're everywhere right now, but I needed to get all of this out of the way. I wanted to be with Diamond for the rest of my life, but this was the only thing standing in the way. 

It was now or never. I was not about to continue to let her control my life. I pulled up to the house and slammed the car door behind me. I was past angry right now, and I knew if she said the wrong thing then it would set me off. I needed to calm down, but I didn't know how. I banged on the door and waited for her to open it. I felt myself breathing deeply.