Earth To Mars: Chapter 27

Hey hey Bruu coming out tonight? What the hell is she thinking.. No. I told you, we're done. We can't do this anymore. I started pacing, I didn't feel like arguing with her. Aw, Bru, you we're serious? Yeah, very serious. We can be friends, but that's it. You can work on my album with me, but that's it. I stood there anxiously waiting for her reply. Oh! Okay, see you whenever. I had to read the message again. Was she really going to give up that easy? In a way it scared me, but I was glad she finally got the damn picture. One less problem for me.

I went over and lifted Diamond's head up and put it on my lap as I sat down. I got as comfortable as I could without waking her up and fell asleep faster then I expected.

"No." I heard Bruno say. I knew I was laying on his lap but, I was half woke and whispered back, "What?" He didn't saying anything. I opened one of my eyes and realized that I was in the studio. It was just about pitch black but, I managed to see the clock, it was damn near four am. "Please stop." he moaned. I sat up, "What the he--" I quickly covered my mouth. He was talking in his sleep. I watched him closely. "I can't." he mumbled. I held a laugh in, I never caught him talking in his sleep. "I'm sorry," he moaned. He started shifting positions and turned his head in the opposite direction. This is priceless I thought. "I love you." he mumbled. I sat up and moved right next to his ear and whispered, "I love you too." He suddenly opened his eyes and jumped almost hitting me in the face with his head. He scared the shit out of me and I jumped back on the couch. He started looking around frantically and breathing hard, I grabbed his arm, "Bruno!" He looked at me seriously but, didn't respond.

I frowned, "Are you okay?" He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, "I don't know." I looked at his hand and then back up to his face, "What happened?" He let go of my hand and buried his face in both of them. "I almost did it." he whispered. My heart broke a little, I knew what he was talking about but, I didn't want to say it. I ran my fingers through his hair as I let out a breath, "I'm sorry." He hugged me unexpectedly and whispered in my ear, "Thank you so much Diamond, so so much."

I rubbed his back, "It's okay Bruno.." When we finally unlocked he laid his head back and took a deep breath. I cuddled back close to him and put my head on his chest. I listened as his heartbeat went from fast, back to normal again. I was just as scared as him.

I was almost sleep again when he whispered my name. "Hmm?" "I haven't been sleeping." I leaned up and looked at him in the eyes, "Why?" He closed his eyes and turned from me, "Nightmares." I could tell he was ashamed, but he didn't have to be, I understood. I rubbed his thigh, I really was lost for words. He turned to me, "I jumped this time." "This time? How many times have you had this nightmare?" "Four times." I shook my head, I felt for him, deeply. "Bru.. I just don't know what to say." "Just don't let me do it." If he was trying to get me emotional, it was fucking working. I pecked him on the lips, "I won't. I promise." He smiled and I laid back down in my same position. I couldn't help but relive the whole situation in my head again. It really was like a nightmare for me too. I hoped that neither one of us would have to go through that ever again.

Some lyrics from one of Bruno's songs popped into my head. I never really sang much, unless I was in the shower. But, I felt like now was a good time to do it. I was no where near as good as him, but my voice was just soft enough to sound okay. I started to sing,

If you're tossing and you're turning and you just can't fall asleep,

I'll sing a song, beside you..

And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me..

Everyday I will, remind you..

I smiled the entire time she sang. I closed my eyes and let her voice take me away. The little sweet things that she did for me like this made me love her more and more. Her song worked enough to settle my nerves. I fell right asleep, and surprisingly there we're no more nightmares.