Earth To Mars: Chapter 56

"Hello?" Carla said raising her voice. "Sorry me and Jasmine just got mixed up." I announced. Everyone looked at Carla. She took a deep breath, "Okay... well please get in your right spots. This has to be perfect!" We all nodded in agreement. "Now let's do it again." she said hopping off the bench. I started walking back out into the hall and my heart was beating really fast. I didn't want to look Bruno in the eyes, his eyes we're way too much for me.

I walked back out into the foyer of the church and lined up again. I took a deep breath, I was going to have to walk with her this time. We hadn't talked in almost two days, the longest since we were in college. I listened as the music started back up, and my heartbeat sped up. Time went in slow motion as I got to the front of the line.

I walked out and saw Bruno doing the same. I looked at him, but I made sure not to look him in the eye. We walked to each other and he grabbed my arm. The walk down the aisle seemed like it took a hour. We barely even touched each other and we didn't say one word. I let him go quickly walked into the line. Everyone frowned as me as I walked past. Jasmine leaned in towards me, "What the fuck is up with you two?" I shook my head, "Nothing." She just rolled her eyes, "It's fine don't tell me!"

Eric turned to me, "What was all that about?" I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about. "Huh? What?" "You and Diamond barely touched each other." I frowned and shook my head, "You're seeing stuff bro." "Me? Seeing stuff. Come on Bruno, we're way better than that. We both know that I know when something is bothering you." I nodded slowly, he was right. He put his hand on my shoulder, "Just get it together." "Okay." I knew that if we both didn't stop acting like this then things would just get way more awkward.

We went back and rehearsed walking down a couple more times. It got even more awkward between me and Bruno. Each time we left more and more space between each other. It broke my heart into a million pieces. I never pictured us being like this towards each other. But, I had caused all of this. After we we're finally done at the church it was time for the rehearsal dinner at the reception hall that was a couple blocks away. I honestly just wanted to go home. But, I didn't want to mess this up for Carla. I got in my car and drove away.

I pulled up to the reception hall, got out and grabbed my guitar out of the back seat. I would get to see the stage and figure out where I wanted everything for my performance. I walked in and the food instantly took my attention off music. "Damn it smells good in here!" I said smiling. "Same thing I said!" Phil yelled holding up a piece of chicken. I shook my head and laughed.

I walked in to see food everywhere. It looked like Thanksgiving, and we owned it all to Carla's sister Leiyah. She flew in from Florida a week early just to help Kam out with food arrangements for this. I had met her a couple times throughout the years. I went and took a seat next to her, "Girl, you threw down didn't you!" I said smiling. "You know I had to have my peoples eating right!" I nodded, "We really appreciate it." She smiled, "It's nothing, thank you for helping my sister out." "You're welcome."

She looked around, "Now wheres that little fine boyfriend of yours?" My smiled dropped and I started to panic. "Uh I actually don't know." "Never mind there he is! Hey Bruno, come here boy!" Shit, this avoiding thing was going to be way harder than I thought..