Earth To Mars: Chapter 4

I went and stood next to him. "Bruno. I need you to talk to me." "What do you want me to say?" "What's been bothering you lately?" He lifted his head up and looked at me directly in my eyes. "Do you really want the answer to that?" "Of course I do, I like when you're happy baby. When you smile, I smile." He started to smile big. "Aw Bru, I haven't seen you smile like that in a long time." I put my arm around him, "Maybe you need to take a break from music. After today, we going to take a small break." "What's a small break to you?" "A week tops." He nodded, "Okay, I can work with that." He hugged me and I rubbed his back. "I think this week will really help you." He took a deep breath and went to pour him another shot.

"Bruno...." Even though we we're old enough to drink now, I still hated when he drank, lately he did it when he was upset. "I know babe, this is it." I've heard that so many times. "Okay.. well remember we're having people over so don't get too drunk.." I said walking away. "Diamond." I turned around, "Yes?" "I love you." I smiled, "I love you too Bruno."

I watched her walk out and I downed my last shot. I was on a good feeling now. I felt a lot better now that we had talked. No matter what, Diamond always tried to work things out. Maybe a break is what I needed, a well deserved break. I'm sure Phil and Ari can hold it down for me while I'm resting anyway. They'll understand.

I was scheduled to do a couple interviews in the next two weeks anyway. Sometimes I hated interviews, and those damn paparazzis. They never gave me a break, that was part of my stress. I looked at my shot glass again. Another shot? Na, I'm good. I walked into the studio and looked at my watch, 4:15 P.M. "What time we're we supposed to be having dinner?" I asked Diamond. "Eight-Thirty." I nodded. "I hope you cooking a lot Diamond, cause' I got a big ass appetite!" Phil announced. I smirked and went back to the keyboard.

"Actually Phil, what do you want? Because I haven't decided." He put his hand on his chin like he was really thinking hard. "Damn, you may have caught me on a bad da.... Nevermind! You should make chicken wings.." "And fries!" Bruno added. "You boys got it."

After two more hours in the studio I felt pretty accomplished. I got a lot of paper work done. Bruno and Phil on the other hand, goofed around most of the time. I was just glad I finally cheered up Bruno. Or maybe it was just the alcohol. He was happy, so that's all that matters.

"Alright Phil see you in a couple hours." I said waving to him. He nodded and drove off. When me and Bruno got home he instantly went for the TV. I went and to start dinner. As I started cooking, I listened to him laugh. I smiled a little bit harder after each giggle he let out. I heard his phone ring. I listened to see if he would answer it or not. "Hello? Uh, hold up for a second." I listened to him slide the side door open and walk out onto the patio.

I didn't care I was going to listen this time. I creeped over towards the door and stood by the wall where he couldn't see me. I put my head next to the door and listened. "No. I told you I can't. I'm busy tonight." I took a deep breath and kept listening. "Look we'll get a chance alright. Okay. I gotta go now. I'll text you." I ran back to the stove. He came in and came behind me and wrapped his arms around me. No words explained how I felt right now, I needed to know what was going on. This was going to lead to an argument, but I didn't care. But, if I hadn't of went to the door then I wouldn't have known anything. He started kissing me on my neck. I turned around towards him, "Bruno.." He looked me up and down.. "Yes.." "Would you ever lie to me?"