Earth To Mars: Chapter 7

I looked Bruno straight into the eyes as I handed him his drink, he was nervous nonetheless but I wasn't trying to jump the gun. I looked up to the stars, "It's a beautiful night." Karmen looked up with me, "You still counting stars girl?" "Whenever I get a chance." I looked back down to Bruno, he was quietly sipping his drink.

Karmen's phone started ringing, "Don't even start yelling, I'm on my way." She hung up. "Diamond, Bruno I'm sorry I didn't get to stay that long, but I will definitely be back over soon." "Okay, don't let it be years before I ever see you again!" "I won't, I'll actually be in town for another two weeks or so, maybe we can go out or grab lunch?" "Yeah, I'll get your number from Heather." She hugged me and waved to Bruno. "See ya." he said in a low voice.

I went and sat on the arm of his chair. "Bruno.." "Yeah babe." "We got a good group of friends." He looked at me. The moonlight bounced off his brown eyes. "I don't know what I would do without some of them." I nodded. "I'm going in," he said softly as he started to get up. I frowned some, "Why?" "I had poured myself a shot." "Please don't start with those damn shots.. I made you a drink isn't that enough?" He shook his head, "Diamond.. it'll be fine, just don't worry about it," he said before walking into the house.

I sat my drink down on the table and rubbed my face. I couldn't just stop drinking. It wasn't as hard as it sounded. I thought back to Karmen. I wonder what made her come to L.A. for two weeks. I felt like I was always getting myself into trouble. Whenever I was away from Diamond on my 'business trips' I would always get so drunk and wake up with some girl in my bed. I felt so guilty and the thoughts plagued me daily. Diamond was the only woman I loved but, I just couldn't stay away from the sexual attraction of others. The fame was starting to get to my head and I didn't want to settle down with her because being a husband meant a lot. I needed to make more changes if I wanted to ever think about that. And being married mean't that you didn't keep secrets from each other which I was doing on a whole another level.

I toasted three shots with Michelle and Carla. These we're my girls. Whenever we went out we had a ball. They helped me get away from my problems and we all took care of each other.

After everyone had a few drinks in their systems they all started leaving one by one. I started on the dishes. I played music in my head and danced while I did them. I heard Bruno saying goodbye to everyone. It was finally silent after about five hours. However, I didn't miss the silence not one bit. Bruno came and sat at the bar. "What's on your schedule tomorrow?" I asked him wiping the counter. "You know studio.. papers, radio talk." "Remember your supposed to be taking a break?" He sighed, "What am I supposed to do when you're gone to work then?" "Sleep, watch TV, I don't know do what guys do." I said walking into the dining room.

He followed me, "I'll get bored so easily." "Bruno, you will be fine, you're not a little kid," I laughed. I straightened everything back up on the table. I wasn't going to feel like doing this tomorrow evening after work. "I got like one question though." I put my hands on my hips and smirked, "What?" He came close to me and put his hands on my hands, "I know we didn't skip dinner, but does that mean I can't have you for dessert anymore?" I rolled my eyes. I knew where he was going with this one..