Off To Crawford

Before the group even knew it, the night had made its arrival, and it was time to follow through with the plan. It had been decided that, along with Clementine and Sarah, Lilly would stay behind as well to help keep an eye on Omid. The group had anonymously decided that her staying behind would be best for her mental state at the moment. And Omid's leg was still badly infected, therefore, he couldn't be left alone.

Lee was still feeling a bit guilty about hurting Clementine, but Carlos had assured him that it was for the best. This was a dangerous mission, and they had to have all of their focus with them; they didn't have time to be worried about the girls. However, Sarah was a little bummed out that she wasn't going either, and Carlos had attempted to explain why in the best way he could.

Both girls were upstairs, and Lee and Carlos were bidding them farewell for now. "Sarah, honey, I need you to stay here with Lilly and Omid, okay?" he had asked, bending down and placing his hands firmly on her shoulders.

"Clementine will be here, too," Lee added.

Sarah nodded understandably, and turned to her father. "I wish you didn't have to leave all the time," she said.

"We'll try to make it back as soon as we can," Carlos assured her.

"Okay," Sarah answered. She wrapped her arms around her father. "Come back safe."

Lee had given Clementine a gun just in case something happened while they were gone. Now, Carlos and Lee were out back with the others, preparing themselves to leave. Kenny came out of the shed and approached Ben.

"Check out what I found in the garage," he said. "Hatchet, hacksaw, some other tools. Might come in handy with this little break-in."

"Nice," Lee commented.

"Can I talk to you both a minute?" Kenny asked Lee and Carlos, pulling them aside.

"What's up?"

"I took another look at the boat. She's a 30-footer."

"So?" Carlos asked.

"So we're gonna have a capacity problem. Boat that size ain't gonna hold more than five people, even if we got kids," Kenny explained to them, and Lee was doing the math in his head. With everyone in the group, including Molly, it was ten people, and that was way too many people for that small of a boat. "Assuming everyone makes it back alive, we still have dead weight," Kenny continued.

"What are you saying?" Carlos asked.

Kenny turned to look at him, "Before this is over, we're gonna have to make a decision."

"You're not serious," Lee replied.

Kenny shrugged. "Look, I'm just saying...maybe cutting a few people loose wouldn't be so bad." Lee noticed that, as he spoke, he was eyeing down Christa and Molly, like he had already started making decisions about who he was going to leave behind.

"That's ridiculous," Carlos argued. "I'm sure we can figure something out, right?"

Kenny was silent for a moment. "Let's just see how this little trip goes," he replied. He turned to the others. "Y'all ready to head out?"

Christa gave a curt nod. "Ready when you are," she answered for everybody.

"Alright, let's go," Kenny announced. He opened the gate, and everyone was on their way.

Lee was able to lead the group through the sewers until he saw a ladder that ran directly beneath Crawford. "I think this is it," he said. They all walked over to the ladder.

"Okay, people, this is it. Remember the plan," Lee continued. "We stay quiet, we stay hidden, and we stay together. We find what we need and we get the hell out before anyone even knows we're there. Got it?"