Chapter 4

Damon: "Elena, what is this about you going away somewhere? You better come back to mystic falls before I drag you back the minute I find you. Where are you Elena I'm worried about you"

Elena: "Damon please don't get Bonnie to do a locator spell. I'm perfectly safe where I am and you don't need to be worried I'm okay. I can make my own choices for my own life, I don't need you doing it for me"

Damon: "you get others making your choices as you do things like this running off to god knows where. Elena I'll be seeing you soon"

Elena: "I don't need choices made for me unlike you and Stefan they don't do it for me, when and if you come looking for me I'm not coming back in your terms it will be when I'm ready to come back"

Damon: "THEY. Elena, who are they?"

Oh fuck I said they. How am I supposed to get out of this one?

Elena: "Damon I have to go, take care" as I hang up I could picture Damon losing his shit. Damon and Stefan need to learn to live without me. Being here with the Mikaelson's makes me feel safe but also knowing they will teach me better than what Stefan and Damon could. They are after all the Original vampires.

"Elena, can I come in?" Klaus's voice asks. I turn my head to him and nod. Klaus comes over to my side on the bed and sits with me. "What's troubling you?" He cares. When did Klaus become so caring? Especially me.

"Nothing" I lie.

"You're lying love, your heart beats faster when you lie" he answers. Right, I would have to work on that.

"I feel safe here and right but Damon won't let me make my own path. His path for me isn't the one I want to take" it's part the truth but there's more. Klaus is looking down at the bed listening.

"You're your own woman Elena, I and my siblings won't make your life for you but only will and more so me will try and convince you and help you with the right path, but that isn't all that is troubling you" Klaus picked up. This Klaus was one that I have never witnessed before. He is kind, caring and even understanding. He wasn't being a ruthless monster.

"Ugh you're too noticeable; no it's not. I'm stronger than normal vampires and my abilities are more heightened than normal vampires along with bloodlust. I know something isn't right. I wish I knew who made me die that night. I died as they would be the first one person to die when I get in the sun" I unfold.

"Don't you worry about love, we will find them or they will find us. They will be punished. I assure you they will" Klaus's tone becomes rough and cruel. Klaus stands us to leave but I don't think I want to be alone tonight.

"Stay'' one word is all I need right now. Klaus stops before the door and turns back around to me. "I don't want to be alone tonight, I may not fully trust you but I don't want to be alone" I tell him. Klaus is showing me tonight that I can trust him and I'm willing to gain the trust of him as well. I pull back the covers of the bed. Klaus comes around to the other side. I watch him as he takes off his shirt to reveal one hell of a beautiful view. He unbuckles his jeans and leaves them on. He climbs into the bed and lays beside me. "Thank you Klaus'' I acknowledge.

"Goodnight love" he says, making me fall asleep with a smile.

Klaus Pov

Watching her sleep is soothing. Knowing that she wanted me to stay is more than enough for me to trust her. Elena is alone. Her vulnerability is showing more. She doesn't know what it's like to be free and I want to show her it's okay to be free. When I used Elena back in mystic falls I thought I was doing the right thing but after all I did to her I regret it. I still would've done some things for my family but torturing her the way I did makes me feel bad for her. I'm part of the reason she suffers now. The time I spent with Elena and watching her made me feel something for her; and being here with her tonight makes me feel it more. I'm falling or have fallen for Elena Gilbert and so has Elijah. Elena didn't want two brothers fighting over her except she has just got it again except with no fighting. What the hell am I supposed to do now?