Chapter 30

Klaus pov

Name picking is harder that I thought it was going to be. The middle name I want to suggest is something I know will make her happy but will it make me. I killed this person who didn't deserve to die. Elena doesn't want her parents name so will this be the same? "Jenna. Faith Jenna Mikaelson, Heath Jenna Mikaelson" I say to her. I watch as her eyes pour out tears but also with a smile. "That's perfect" is perfect. I may have taken away her aunt but our child could honour her name. I move my weight down so my head touches the pillow. She looks tired and hungry for blood at the same time. I slowly rest Elena down beside me. She is tired even if she doesn't say it. "Elena, you're hungry for blood. Drink from me"I tell her. I bite into my wrist and hand it to her. Her fangs release from me. Elena moves closer to me and closes her eyes. I lean in and kiss her on the forehead. "I love you Elena" I whisper loud enough for her to hear. Watching a smile grow as she starts to drift off to sleep.

"Please" I hear the cries beside me. I turn over to Elena who has tears streaming down her eyes. "Don't touch her" She screams. I shake Elena to wake up but she doesn't. "Please" she starts begging. I try to wake her up but she remains asleep. I try to peer into her dreams but feel as If I'm blocked out. I notice as Elena's body starts to shake. She isn't cold but extremely hot. I pull off the covers on her and race into the bathroom. I wet a cloth and soak it out. I return to Elena and place the cloth on her forehead. "Elena it's just a dream" I try to get through to her. This isn't a normal nightmare. She isn't waking up and is burning up. Magic. This is witch doing but who? It's not Bonnie or Davina so then who wouldn't want her to wake up.

Elena pov

"Oh Elena I am dead but that doesn't mean I can't send you a message from the other side" The sound of her voice frightens me. "Your son has changed, they all have" I plead. "You're growing my son's baby, Elena, you could've stayed away which is why I must shake you a little. You can't stay away from danger forever especially if you're with my children" She's wrong! I am safe here. "No! Esther you don't know your children then" I scream at her.

Klaus pov

There it is. My mother contacted her from the realm of the dead. It's witch magic keeping Elena asleep so my mother can talk to her. There's only one way I can think of waking her up.

I shoot out of the room and to Miss Bennet's room. I slam the door open, startling Bonnie. "What the hell" she yells. "It's Elena" I rushed out of the room and back to the side of my mate. "My mother is talking to her through her sleep from the other side. Can you get her to wake up" I ramble out to Bonnie. Bonnie kneels on the other side of the bed and puts her hand to Elena's forehand and one on her stomach. All of a sudden an ear bleeding scream comes from Elena and Bonnie's nose leaks out blood. Elena bolts up, shaking in fear. "She, she," she cries.

"Elena, Esther can't touch you, she is dead. Even then she wouldn't be able to touch you" Bonnie safely speaks.

"Thank you Bonnie" she says, still partly crying. How much did my mother scare her?

"I'm going to go back to bed but if you need anything don't hesitate to get me" Bonnie says leaving the room.

"You heard what Bonnie said, she can't touch you. I won't let her '' gently'' say to my frightened mate. I lay back down as Elena stays sitting up. "Come on Love, you're safe" I try to lead her to lay back down but she just won't. It's almost six in the morning and somehow I don't think sleep is going to be an option anymore. "I'll be back" I watch her as she walks out of the room with my shirt falling at her knees. Following her wouldn't be fair so I'll let her go on her own.

Elena pov

I open the fridge door to reveal the sight of blood bags. Esther didn't just scare me, she made my thirst grow. I feel my face change just by looking at the blood. I pull one out and rip open the bag. I suck the bag dry and pull out another one. That bag goes dry. I need more! I take another then another until I look back at the fridge to see none left.