Untitled Part 38

The rest of the plane trip was slow. Too god damn slow! From the window I can see the blonde original that I call my sister and the youngest brother. I make Klaus get my bags as I walk down the stairs. I throw my arms around Rebekah and then Kol. "Take us home please" I tiredly begged. I carry my feet towards the car and allow myself to relax as I sit into the car. I don't make small talk, I just stay silent. I shut my eyes hoping by the time I wake up I'll be home.

I didn't speak a word to Klaus for the rest of the day and night. There will be another party and then he will leave. He may not be here to see his daughter be born. I don't know how to feel. I'm angry but also feel protected. He's leaving all over again. Will he return to me this time though?

Rebekah pov

I watched Elena mope around for days now. Tonight is the 1950s party so she has been out shopping all day. I offered to come with her but all I got was "I want to be on my own". None of us have heard from her since she's left. Elena has been pretending that Klaus doesn't exist lately. I want to put my brother to sleep for this but he's doing this out of concern. I look at the time on my phone and shake my head. I glance at my phone again now to see Elena calling me. "Rebekah I need help, they're all dead. I'm in an alleyway near bourbon street" then the line goes dead. "ELIJAH, KOL. GET YOUR ASSES HERE, WE HAVE WORK TO DO" I scream!

Moments before Elena pov

I got my 1950s dress for the party tonight. I'm currently in an alleyway feeding on fresh human blood. "Hi there pretty lady" I toss the body out of sight and wipe my mouth. A tall blonde haired man that smells of alcohol stands in front of me. I walk forwards and try to move but only more men arrive. It's like a pack and he's the leader. "Please just let me go, you can take whatever it is you want" I beg. I have the upper hand being a hybrid but I'm pregnant so that's a disadvantage. The man comes closer and the blonde one puts his hand on my stomach. "She's carrying a child boys" he has a creepy grin on his face. It's when his touch becomes a grip I punch him in the face. His pack comes hiring their fists at me. I snap some of their necks or just feed from them. I finish their bodies off by making sure they're dead. "What have I done?" I look back at the bodies on the ground to realise my inner wolf came out. Slash marks, bites.

I stayed in the back corner until I could hear the voice of Rebekah.

Rebekah pov

"I can smell fresh blood that has been spread" Elijah clears. I follow my brother and stop dead in my tracks. There in the corner is a pregnant killing machine Elena. "I'm sorry, they tried to hurt my baby" she whimpers. I rush over to her side and let the boys deal with the mess. Elena is covered in blood, if we walk in public like this people will talk. I take in one hand Elena's bags and hold her in the other arm close to me and cover her from the mess that has been made. I nod at Kol for him to get the car and watch as the bodies go up in flames from a match Elijah set.

The car comes speeding around the corner causing Elena to jump. Elijah gets the door for me as I huddle Elena into the car with me.

The drive home was silent. Entering the house unfortunately wasn't. Klaus stood there in the middle of the room watching as his mate walked in covered with blood. None of us said anything. I cleaned Elena off and helped her get ready for the party tonight, but she remained silent the whole time.

I got Kol to stay with Elena as I had to step out to get myself ready. Even then she didn't say a word. Elijah explained to Klaus what took place but my hot headed brother for once remained calm. Once I was ready for the party I took photos with Elena even though she had dull facial expressions. She looked gorgeous portraying the outfit of Audrey Hepburn. I am portraying Marilyn Manroe. Kol is going as James Dean, Marcel is going as Martin Luther King jr, Davina as Elzibeth Taylor, Elijah was doing Elvis, Klaus as John Wayne, and Cami as the queen. We had all picked our outfits in the past few days. All I know is tonight is going to be one interesting night. Us Mikealson's took a group photo at the house before we left.

Elena didn't leave my side. As we entered the party she stayed with me. Elena talked briefly but not a lot. I danced with Marcel, Klaus even managed to get a dance with Elena.

Elena pov

My outfit tonight fits nicely. My stomach is showing but not in a bad way. I danced with Klaus even though we hadn't talked in days. Currently I'm sitting on a stool watching Marcel do speeches. "I couldn't have done this party without the ravishing Elena Gilbert" Marcel holds out his hand for me which I take upon myself to hold. Marcel hands the microphone to me. "New Orleans is my home, I didn't always live here. What I know is I have my family, and on the way my first child. This party tonight is a night for all of us to come together. Except tonight is my last night with the one I love, the father of my child. Enjoy yourselves" I said. I lost track of what I was saying. I move off the platform and go out to the front.

"I promise this is not forever love, I'm coming back to you I promise" I turn around and find myself smiling at my mate. "I know, I'm sorry I have been so cold around you. Pregnancy hormones are the worst. Klaus all I ask is that you are there to witness your daughters birth then if you have to leave, leave." I make myself very clear.

"I will be there" was all I got and needed in return.

We left the party earlier than I thought but the early Mikaelsons is late for me. I put on one of Klaus's shirts and tucked myself into his bed. "I'm going to miss you love," Klaus whispers in my ear. "I'll miss you more than you know" I whisper back and close my eyes.