Chapter 18

How many rooms are in this place!? But then the boarding house was huge as well. In the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of books. I stand in front of a whole room filled with books. In the room is a medium sized dark red couch with black cushions. This is going to be my new favourite room. Where am I supposed to start by picking? I start by looking from the bottom shelf upwards. Until I find an old book that I always wanted to read in high school. Little woman. It's a brown polished book with white fonting. I plump myself on the soft fabric couch and open the door.

The rest of the night I still hadn't heard a single sound from any member of the family. Where did they all go? I was already a quarter of a way through the book and I've lost count of how long I've been in this room for. It's only when I start to feel my eyes become heavy the world around me closes.

Klaus pov

It was like my family had to remind me how much a woman could piss me off. Spending hours letting it out in the middle of nowhere, drinking, draining blood to only come home to find the girl that pissed me off sound asleep in my favourite room. Sleeping Beauty is the perfect name fit for her right now. A book by her side, knees tucked up to her chest, a sight for sore eyes. I unfold the off white blanket from the edge of the couch and lay it over Elena. She looks peaceful and I don't want to take that from her, not after everything I've taken from her. I stand by the door and take a last look at her before closing the door behind me.

Elena looked at me as if I was the monster she knew from Mystic Falls today. The monster that constructed some of the hurt and pain within her sadness. The sadness and fear in her eyes made me see how much I've hurt her. As much as I love her I need to walk away for some time.

I know what I have to do!

I'll bring something back with me in 4 weeks time. Right now Elena needs peace more than anything. I will make sure nothing happens to her at all cost but now not right by her side.

I place the drawing of Elena on her bedside table with a small note. My family will look after her for me. They didn't want this but I explained to them how Elena needs to heal and I couldn't help her heal when I'm part of the reason she is hurting. "I'll be back Love" I whisper as I walk out of my home.

Rebekah pov

What we allowed my brother to go ahead with isn't fair on Elena. What he's bringing back for her when he returns will show how much Elena means to him. I would get to have more girl time with her now but even though she won't admit it. She'll miss him. I see the look in both of their eyes when they look at each other. Yes Nik can be cruel and monstrous but it's only because he's been mistreated. Family Always and Forever is what keeps us together. The vowel of a bond that will not break.

Elena is getting the one gift I've always wanted. To be loved with a family of her own. As I lay here wrapped up in Marcel's arms it makes me think of the love Elena and Nik share. Funny though how both of them feel the same way but just haven't told each other. I spent millions of years running. When Marcel came into the picture it all changed. He was just a boy at first; until he grew up into the man he is today. The man that I love. "Marcell, do you ever wish to know what would've happened if we both met as humans?" I murmur to him

"I would've looked at you the same way I did when I met you the first time". He sees what I see. That love can conquer all.

Elena pov

I didn't realise how good of a sleep it was on a soft medium sized couch. My neck aches a little but not too much. I guess that's what I get from sleeping on the couch. When my eyes pier down to the blanket laying on me it means they're home. I sit up from the couch and pick up the book that I kicked onto the floor. I will have to finish this at some stage. I walk out to the dining room to see Elijah looking a little off edge. "Good morning Lovely Elena" he preaches. "Morning" I chipply say back. I move past Elijah and into the kitchen. I pour myself a mug of blood and heat it up. With the mug in my hands I walk back out to Elijah and sit on the sofa. In a blink of a moment Kol is now sitting beside me. "How lovely for you to join us sister" what does Kol mean? With that Rebekah walks in from the front door with a smile on her face. "Was Marcel that good?" The childish voice from Kol makes Rebekah laugh. "Kol, my love life is none of your business" Rebekah growles. Classic sibling bickering. Just like how Jeremy and I bicker. No wonder Rebekah can tell the way I feel towards Klaus. Thinking of Klaus, where is he?

"I think that's my cue to go and have a shower" I laugh.

I place the mug of blood on my dresser and go into my bathroom. To notice that Rebekah is happy with Marcel brings me happiness, it shows that part of the old me is still there. The happier me. I peel off my clothes and take a refreshing awakening shower.

I pull on some leggings and a white t-shirt. As I pick my mug back up and take a sip I notice an envelope on my bedside table. I take what is two pieces of paper out of the seal. I unfold the first paper to reveal a drawing.

A drawing of me.

Klaus did this. It was remarkable how he managed to draw this. I unfold the other piece of paper to read...

I hope that you like my little project I was working on.

My family will take care of you while I'm out of town. I'm sorry that I've caused you so much pain and suffering and that is why I must leave for you to heal. Look after our child and keep it healthy as well as yourself, if you need help with wolf stuff Haley will help you.I will be back; but for now, take care Elena.

Klaus

NO! He can't be gone! I feel the grip of the mug slip from my hands and hit the floor hard. The mug containing blood shatters into shards and the blood pools out on the floor.

As much as I am angry with Klaus I didn't want him to leave. He can't just leave me with his child growing within me.

He left for me.

For me to heal. Without him!

When will he come back? Yes he hurt me mentally but I didn't want him to go. Yes he hurt me physically but that was in the past. I wanted to fix these between him but he's left. And I don't know when he will be back! He probably thinks he is fixing things by leaving. "He's gone Elijah" I sob to nobel brother standing at my door. Rebekah and Kol are soon at my door with Elijah. Rebekah steps past them all and comes to my side. "Kol get something to clean this up, Elijah help Kol. I've got Elena" Rebekah orders.

Rebekah takes me to her room and lets me cry. I cry over the feud Klaus and I had. I cry over the fact he just got up and left without saying goodbye. I cry for the old me. I let out all the tears I've been holding back for too long. "Nik came to us last night, that's why we were out. He told us about his plan and forced us to go along with it, I pushed and pushed for him not to but he just wants you to be happy and not hurt you anymore" Rebekah explains. It isn't her fault, nor Elijah's or Kol's. It wasn't even Klaus's in a way. I made him want to leave.

Why can't I stop crying!? "If this is what he wants for me I'll respect it, I'll be okay plus I have you three still" I stop for a moment and turn to the doorway to see the other two brothers. "You can stop worrying about me. I'm going to be okay" I tell them but also myself. I'm Elena Gilbert, a survivor. After all, Katherine is a survivor and I'm her doppelganger!

I stood there looking at the three of them. Rebekah, Elijah, and Kol.

Family.

Always and forever. I'm going to be okay with them because they're what I count as family. 

Klaus will be back I promise.