Chapter 17

When we're away from the manor I place Elena back on her feet. "Thank you," she said to me. "My pleasure darling, an escape mission is always a bit of fun" I tease. She needs blood. She is a little pale and her eyes are washed out from the tears. "How about we go and get you something to eat or even a drink if you know what I mean" I'm trying to be a gentleman but comfort her. I don't want to make her feel that she can't trust me. Elena bites her lip and goes silent. "Elena darling, why do you bite your lip at that gesture" I curiously asked. She looks up at me with her tear sorrowful eyes. "I can't, I can't keep blood down or any sort of food down" no wonder she looks dry. She needs blood from the vein. Blood bags aren't going to justify this anymore. Davina can help her as well. There's more to it than the food problem. I'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the mating bond. "We're going to get you a human to drink from, blood bags fill you up but in this case not so much" Elena's eyes go wide. Right, she never got the feeding under control. Elena holds onto my hand as I lead her through the quarter.

I take her through some of the streets until I find a quieter one. I can easily snatch, eat and erase here. "Elena stay here" I quickly say and find the first human in sight.

"Hi there, you're awfully pretty which is why you're not going to remember any of this and will stay quiet" I compel the red-haired girl and bring her to Elena.

Elena, still standing there, looks at me blankly. I break the skin on the compelled girl and hand her to Elena. I hold onto the victim as Elena feeds. I'll have to break Elena away from the girl soon or the pain of killing a human like she has done will add to the pain she is already feeling. I take a bit of the red head myself and take a few drinks. The girl's paulse is dying. "Darling that's enough" I tell her. I softly ease Elena off the girl and health the girl and send her on her way. "How are you feeling now?" I wiped her mouth clean of the blood. She controlled the bloodlust better this time than previous attempts.

"Better, please don't take me back yet Kol" she sounds desperate. I wasn't going to take her back yet anyways. I need to try and get through to Elena. If Cami can call me and say I'm going to be the one to help then I will. "We can stay out all night if we want" The smile that I just brought to Elena's face is almost devilish. Before I talk to Elena about what's going on she needs to have some fun first. "What would you like to do on this fine night?" I have a question.

"Show me your favourite places in this city" she requests. This is going to be fun!

I took her to one of the finest restaurants in town but she only threw the food up, which brought her mood down. So I took her to a small music festival on the outer side of the city. Elena laughed, she smiled, she danced. Elena was having fun. See I'm the fun brother. I was saving one thing for last though. When the night gets darker but not too dark I have something in mind.

I twirl Elena on the bridge in city park as she smiles. "There is one more place I want to take you soon darling and I think you'll like it" Elena holds onto my hand as we continue to stroll through the park. Elena stops when her phone goes off for the millionth time. I take it out of her hand and answer it. "Nik I know, I know, you will dager me and put me to sleep if I don't bring Elena back home but that won't be happening just yet. Elena is fine so stop calling" I bluntly talk and hang up. Elena is holding back laughs as she has her hand over her mouth with high raised cheekbones. Were close enough to the place I wanted to take her to. "Catch me if you can sweetheart" I say and speed away but so she can sense me.

"Kol slow down, I may be a hybrid and pregnant but I still get tired" she yells out as I stop at the spot. "Wow, oh my god Kol, it's beautiful". Elena's eyes glisten at the view in front of her. The night sky had fallen to beautiful stars shining bright. At this spot you could see parts of the city which look like little lights. I sit down on the hill and Elena sits next to me.