So we finally meet, Karat

Chapter 8: So we finally meet, Karat

Unfortunately for the Z team Yamcha's wasn't the last loss for the heroes. Despite valiant efforts both Tien and Chiaotsu met their end at the hands of the Saiyan Nappa. Chiaotsu willing trying to sacrifice himself to take him out did nothing but scar and burn Nappa, and Tien's vengeance filled counter attack did nothing but wipe him of all energy eventually ensuing his death.

The Earth's fighting team was down to their last draws. Krillen, Gohan, and Piccolo the only able bodies left to fight. Gohan overcome with grief from the friends he would never get to know, and anger over the cruelty of the saiyans. Krillen too was at his wits end. "Everyone's dying and I can't stop it. HURRY RIKKU WE NEED YOUR HELP!"

Rikku? Vegeta had heard that name several times since their arrival. He tried to match a name to a face and suddenly it hit him. "Karat."

Above Nappa floated laughing maniacally at the weak attempts to injury him. He was burned and his armor was toast but he was thoroughly enjoying himself with his new toys. "Okay that's three of yours down!"

At a disadvantage in the air Piccolo and Krillen returned to the ground trying to think of a new strategy. Their previous attempt was at a loss when Gohan had froze during his attack. It was a pity, Piccolo thought, all that time wasted because of the kid's stupid fear.

"You really think that's gonna help you? Suit yourself!" Nappa charged down to the ground. Piccolo and Krillen tensed in their stances preparing for the worse.

"Nappa stop right now!" Vegeta ordered stopping Nappa in his tracks. The larger saiyan looking to Vegeta dumbfounded.

"What's the matter Vegeta? Let me at them."

"How many times do I have to tell you to be patient! I have something I want to ask them. This Rikku that you all keep talking about, it's Karat isn't she?"

"Don't call her that!" Krillen growled. "Her name is Rikku now!"

Vegeta laughed. "Finally, at last I get to meet her. Now tell me this why is she your last hope? She lost to Radditz and he wasn't half the fighter Nappa is."

"You shouldn't underestimate her." Piccolo suggested.

"That's right Rikku's gotten a lot stronger now." Krillen said hoping it was true. I mean what could she have been doing the past 10 months if not training for this?"

"Oh really?" Vegeta's blood began to run hot at the prospect. Not only a female saiyan but one who looks to challenge his power. If the Earthling's ranting were true then it would be very promising for him when it came time to mate her.

Above them Nappa laughed. "If she's such tough stuff why hasn't she shown her face? Are you sure she hasn't abandoned you?"

"That's my mom you're talking about! She'll be here and you'll be sorry!" Gohan spat at the large saiyan his anger boiling. His words caught Vegeta off guard. He thought the boy looked familiar. So Rikku had already been through the process of mating with a human. Lucky for him human saiyan mating rituals were never finalized. Mating between two saiyans was a different story. He made a mental note in his mind to weasel the name of the boy's father and make him the next human on the death list.

"Just you wait!" Gohan continued. "When mom gets here you'll wish you never messed with us!"

"Is that so?" vegeta said crossing his arms hiding a smile by turning his back. "Well then I guess we can give the hero some extra time.

"What's the point in that?" Nappa asked. "Can I at least finish of the rest of these guys?"

"Give her three hours and then you can finish them off whether she's here or not."