Kick it up to the Next Level!

Trunks didn't know what to make of it. How had History changed so much? It was true, thanks to him Rikku would live, but everything else was falling apart. The Androids she had fought, 20, and 19, had not even existed in his time. In fact, Android 20 was Dr. Gero himself modified with Android completions. To make matters worse he managed to release the real Androids 17, and 18.

Android 17was a boy that looked around his age. His black hair and cold blue eyes made him a looker, but his love of destruction and adventurous trouble making made him a danger to society. Android 18 was a stunning girl with the same cold blue eyes but blonde hair that was straight and flowing. She was a man's fantasy and nightmare all rolled into one.

Shortly after being released they turned on Dr. Gero. Not willing to do his bidding they killed him and released a prototype Android that Dr. Gero had yet to put into function. Android 16, a mountainous man with a Mohawk of flaming red hair and a stoic face. He had once purpose in his programming and that was to eliminate Rikku.

When all of them tried to stop the three they were taken down easily. How was it possible that these Androids were more powerful than the ones from his own time? It didn't make sense! Now his father had taken off to god knows where, Piccolo was off to see Kami about fusing together, and the rest of them were stuck moving Rikku to a knew location. She wouldn't be safe at home. They had to take her to Roshi's house for safe keeping.

"Hey Trunks," Krillen spoke as they landed in front of Rikku and Chichi's house. "One question. Are the androids really all that evil?"

"They're ruthless and cold-blooded. I've told you that before. Why even ask?" Trunks snapped back his mind whirling to his own time where his world laid in shattered pieces.

"Oh uh," he blushed and turned his head away. "No reason." Krillen mentally cursed himself. The truth was that he wasn't all that sure of the androids. He had been too scared to fight them. He watched as they beat up his friends with a single punch each and then proceeded to come up with a way to find Rikku themselves instead of interrogating them. Android 18... She was so beautiful and her kiss, he remembered placing a hand on his cheek, it was soft and warm. She was... practically human to him. Why couldn't he get that moment out of his mind?

He knocked on the door and was greeted to a slam in the face as Chichi bursts out. "Gohan!" She pauses and looks between the two. Krillen was holding his face from where the door got him. "Oh, it's you two."

"Nice to see you too, Chichi."

Vegeta felt lower than scum at the moment. His pride and his power tossed to the way side because he let his ego run wild. His Super Saiyan power had dominated over Android's 19 and 20. He looked to continue his reign, continue his rampage against the beasts that threatened Karat's existence. Androids 17 and 18 were to be next on his list but they made a fool out of him. They toyed with him beating him into the ground as if he were nothing, but a child!

Blast it all! He stared into the dark sky. He had flown halfway round the world trying to get as far from everyone as he could. "Karat," he whispered her name and closed her eyes. He imagined her face as his mind had locked onto her power making sure she was still struggling, still fighting to live. She must live. "I cannot fail you again. I must ascend." He paused in his thinking his eyes shooting open. "That's it. I must ascend to a level beyond that of a Super Saiyan."

It could be done. He looked to his fists feeling out his own power. It was greater than ever, but not enough. It was no where near enough for him. "Do you hear me Karat? I will ascend to the next level. I will find a way. When I do those Androids will be history!"

Rikku stirred in her sleep. Vegeta's voice echoed in her ears and she panted a little. She heard his every word like as if he were standing right next to her. He wasn't though. She could sense around her the energies of her son, Chichi, Yamcha, Krillen, and Trunks. Her son murmured questions to Trunks about the future and about time travel. She wanted to smile. Her son was a curious boy, always filled with questions, and always willing to learn.