The Golden Glow of Midnight

If all his previous sins and murders didn't send his soul to hell, this atrocity would. Vegeta cursed as he looked down at Burma. Her hair spilled over his chest and her scent surrounded him clogging all his senses. They had moved to her bed, and had another go around. He hadn't been able to contain himself. How long had it been since he had the warmth of a woman's flesh under him? Too long.

He would forget it all, he told himself sliding her away and letting her curl around a pillow instead. Damn the woman, and her scent. He could shower off her scent and continue his training. That was for the best. He had the bad urge to go see Karat. He thought on it, and realized it was a bad idea.

One, and probably the most important, it would hurt his pride! He refused to go crawling to her to apologize. No way in hell! Two, he had a promise he made to himself. He was to become a super saiyan before he would even lay eyes on her.

With his mind made up he closed Bulma's door and made his way to his own room to shower. Nothing would slow him down now.

Bulma stared at the test her eyes crossing and her hands shaking at the results. What had she done? Flustered and frustrated she banged her head against the bathroom door and made sure it was locked before taking the second test out of the box. "Just to be safe."

The second test didn't make the difference. It was painfully clear. She was pregnant. Ugh! She slapped her head against the door over and over until she felt a satisfying ring in her ears.

Now what did she do? Here she was, a young beautiful smart talented girl with the world in front of her and she was pregnant! What was worse is that it was Vegeta's! She had officially dumped Yamcha after her and Vegeta had... she guessed "had sex" was as good a term as she could get with it. That wasn't the problem though.

Deciding that she needed an experts advice she went to the person who excelled at making dumb decisions. "Mom, what am I gonna do?"

"Oh honey what are you all flustered over? It's just a baby. Why I had you when I was 18 and look how well that turned out."

"Mom, you were married to dad at the time. This is different."

"It's your child," Bunny Briefs patted her daughters hand before picking up her tea. One of her many cats curled up on her lap hoping for some handouts. "Vegeta, as neglecting as he is right now, is doing a great thing for himself. He's sturdy and committed to his goal. Your job is to chip away that exterior of his and make him see you as the stunning woman you are."

"I don't think he's interested in being tied to me mom." She thought of Rikku, and sighed.

"Look, why don't you go out and clear your head. Go have some fun with some girlfriends or something. Have a chat."

"Have a chat... girlfriends." Bulma blinked and smiled. "Thanks mom I think I'll just do that!" Standing up she grabbed her bag and capsules and ran out the door. Her destination... Mt. Paos.

Rikku let herself chow down on her fish lunch. The appetite she had worked up in training today was larger than the twenty foot fish that her son had caught. "Mmm you're getting better, Gohan. This fish is so good!"

"Thanks mom," Gohan said between bites. Piccolo looked between them a large sweat drop dripping down the back of his head.

"You know, I don't think I'll ever get used to this. The way you two eat is appalling."

Twin faces turn in his direction and simultaneously swallowed, the asked. "How so?"

Piccolo was grateful for the sound of jet engines. He looked to the sky and recognized the capsule corps. Logo strewn across the yellow plane. Behind the controls was a beaming Bulma and she waved down to them. "Hello down there!"