Trunks's secret; rikku's condition

The waiting was driving her insane! She couldn't handle it anymore! Gohan was flipping out and she had resorted to smacking him a good one, something she swore she would never do in her life. It hurt, but it was for the better. She couldn't let Gohan get into danger.

Piccolo was down for the count, and Cell had managed to absorb Android 17. Things were looking grim. Things got even worse when Tien went into the fray and proceeded to protect 16 and 18 by blasting Cell with his Tri-Beam Cannon over and over keeping him at bay. However, the Tri Beam cannon was draining his life force and he wouldn't be able to hold out much longer.

"I can't take it anymore. I won't let them die!" Rikku glanced at Gohan. "Stay here!" She put her fingers to her head, and transmission herself to the battlefield right at Tien's collapsed body. She stared at Cell, and she saw the recollection in his eyes.

"Ah, Rikku, at last we finally meet." The scorpion like creature she had seen in her dreams had evolved growing more muscular and, in her opinion, uglier.

"Why don't you back off, and leave my friend alone?" She felt no fear in her body. Her power spiked from the hints of anger she tried to conceal. His stare was fixated and a little puzzled.

"Funny, you seem different then what I imagined. I think it's your energy. It's quite fascinating."

"Yeah right," She glanced back at Tien and growled a little under her breath. "You don't know how much I would like to teach you a lesson right about now." She grit her teeth. "I need one more day, and then I'll finish you Cell! I'll make you pay!"

"Heh, I don't think you're in any condition to teach me a lesson." Cell said licking his lips in a taunt. "However, I've always wondered what it would be like to face the legendary Rikku. Your power, and capabilities have always been envied and admired by your peers after all."

Rikku ignored his banter and turned her gaze for a moment. Sensing movement along the rocky shores she narrowed her gaze on the waves. She smiled in relief at the sight of Piccolo clinging to the edge. Good, he was alive. She knelt down and picked up Tien and zipped over to Piccolo kneeling by him and pulling him out of the water. "Don't worry guys. I've got you. Let's go get you some sensu beans."

"No Rikku," She heard Cell speak again. "We will fight right now." he launched and she gasped putting her fingers to her head she concentrated and just as Cell's fist would have plowed into her face they disappear and reappear at Kami's Lookout.

"Mom!" Gohan rushed forward and knelt by Piccolo. "Are they alive?"

"Yes son," She fell onto her butt her heart acing at the close call. "That was too close."

After some healing Piccolo and Tien were back up to speed and they gave Rikku the play by play of what had transpired. "So it is as I sensed. Android 17 has been absorbed. Now, he'll be looking for 18. I hope they manage to stay hidden long enough for..." she growled and stomped her foot. "Damn it Vegeta! Hurry it up!"

"Rikku," Popo called. "The year is up. I believe they're about to exit."

"Finally," Rikku sighed and jogged ahead of the group. Tien watched her his mind whirling on what Cell had said. "You're energy, it's fascinating.... You're in no condition to teach me a lesson" What did Cell mean by that?

Not wanting to think anymore on the subject he jogged to catch up to Rikku. The door was wide open and Trunks walked out looking ragged and fierce in power and approach.

"Hey guys, what's happening?"

"Welcome back, Trunks." Rikku greeted. He looked at her and she frowned seeing a deep sadness in his eyes. "What's wrong? Did something happen?"