Gravity hazard, King Kai's guests

Technology and mechanics had never been her cup of tea. The mere sight of all the buttons and levers gave her a dizzying headache. However the way Spargas explained calmly and slowly so she could get the basics down gave her a sense of knowledge and t helped a lot. It had already been a week since she took off and she was already enjoying herself. The gravity simulations helped with training and she was already at 50 times Earth's normal gravity.

"So far so good." She said wiping the sweat from her brow. She had been injured to the point of crawling on her hands and knees but that's where the isolation chambers had come in handy. An hour or so in each and she was back on her feet. Granted that it wasn't as efficient as a sensu bean but still every time she got into one she felt twice as strong as before, a boost of power the sensu beans had never given her.

Walking to the control booth she pressed a blue button and a screen popped up. "hmm it's only been a week. I've gotten so much done in so little time. Hmm I wonder." She sat down and stared at the communication system she had been shown. She understood the basic pressing buttons to turn it on and sending out a signal. It was the whole frequency and getting the right wavelength and all that fancy talk she didn't understand.

"I wonder if I can get a hold of Bulma and them." She turned it on playing with the buttons until she began hearing voices. When it became a language she didn't understand she turned the dial again her face hard with concentration. "Come on… give me something I recognize. She paused listening to a conversation. She recognized the voices."

"Bunny, Dear, hand me that wrench will yah."

"Are you ever going to stop fiddling with that thing? Our little darlings are hungry and they want their daddy."

"Of course but I just got a weird signal and I…"

"Doctor Briefs?"

"Rikku? Is that you? By god it does work!" Doctor Briefs, Bulma's father, prattled happily with his work and took a seat speaking through the radio. "I've been working on a radio to keep in contact with Bulma. Her, Krillen, and Gohan left for Planet Namek and the last time I had contacted her the thing was a little too static. You on the other hand are coming in loud and clear."

"Yeah, I'm probably not as far away as Bulma. How are they? How long before they reach Namek?"

"Oh they've been on the planet for a full two days. Give or take a few hours."

"Two days? Oh man that's bad! Have they run into trouble?"

"You really didn't expect them to just sit around and wait for you did you? As far as I know they're all alive. Their ship however is trashed and they're stuck."

Rikku began to grumble and she paced in front of the communicator as she scratched her head. "Okay so they're still alive. Trouble is already there and I have a feeling they'll be in over their head if they try to fight."

"I'm not sure what to expect out of them. Bulma told me Vegeta was on the planet as well. He arrived a little after they did."

"For some reason I'm not too worried about Vegeta hurting them. So long as they don't try to pick a fight with him I think he'll avoid Bulma and the others. Now what about the dragon balls? Have they found any?"

"Listen Rikku, I may be a scientist, but I don't have all the answers. Why don't you try asking a few questions for me? Where exactly are you right now?"

Rikku took in the scenery outside her main window. "I'm not sure. Somewhere deep in space, I guess. I'm heading toward Namek and according to this computer screen thingy I'm 5 days away from Namek."

Dr. Briefs tapped his chin then grinned. "Rikku stay on the line a moment. I'm going to try something."

The line went static a moment and Rikku could barely make out Dr. Briefs' murmurs and rustling. "There we are, and now I just turn this knob and…ah I've got you… hmmm yes, yes I see."