Peace of mind.

Rikku would have never imagined life could be so peaceful when you only had 9 days to live. She could sense Chichi, Gohan, and Krillen's thoughts lingered in despair and tried her best to make them forget about it. She wanted them to forget about Cell, forget about the tournament, and forget about fighting. Right now, all she wanted was to be with her family and friends and have some fun.

Baby Goten, at the least, was with her on the fun. Whens he had first brought him home Chichi was tickled pink over the fact Rikku had another baby. They spent the whole day trying to find open shops so she could buy all his necessities and then some. They had come home with a capsule car full of baby belongings. Rikku had to admit she liked to play dress up with Goten. It was surprisingly fun

He was already wanting to crawl. He moved and wriggled and laughed as bright and happy as the spring breeze of the mountain. When she took him out into the fields he would sit in her lap and reach for the flowers feeling their texture and smelling their wild soft scents.

When Gohan had been a baby she had let Chichi coddle and shelter him inside most of the time. She would take him outside now and then to get some fresh air, but for the most part her eldest had been kept inside and away from the world. She didn't want that to happen with Goten. She wanted her son to experience everything he possibly could.

For two days she did nothing, but spend time with her sons. They played in the river, walked the valleys, and even took a trip to the beach. Today they would visit Bulma and Goten would get his first look at his half brother.

"Hey Mrs. Brief," Rikku greeted Bunny with a bright smile. She had dressed Goten in a blue shirt and his diaper had been placed on with great care by his "Aunt Chichi." He hated it, and often wriggled in frustration. Bunny greeted them back and ran over.

"Hi there Rikku, oh wow Bulma told me you had another baby. Isn't he just the sweetest thing?" She coochie cooed Goten before turning her gaze to Gohan. "Well now don't you look handsome?" She admired the blonde hairs atop Rikku and Gohan's head "You two look just like twins. Too bad baby Goten isn't old enough to die his hair too then the three of you would match." Bunny giggled and Gohan and Rikku laughed nervously.

"Yeah, right, say is Bulma around? I wanted Goten to have a little play time with Trunks."

"Oh yeah, Bulma's been cooped up in the science lab with that Android, but Trunks is with Yamcha and Oolong. I'm sure everyone will have a marvelous time."

"Thanks, come on Gohan."

Yamcha winced when baby Trunks kicked his face. "Ow! Damn I think he chipped a tooth with that one. He's part saiyan alright."

"Careful you don't hurt yourself there Yamcha. It's be quite embarrassing if you let a baby beat the snot out of you." Oolong snorted.

"Ha, ha very funny." Yamcha cradled Trunks in the brook of his arm and rubbed the side of his cheek. Man why couldn't Vegeta baby-sit? It was his kid. When the door opened his gaze went from annoyed to excited. "Hey! Rikku!"

Rikku greeted Yamcha and took a seat across him. "Hey guys, thought I'd visit."

"It's always welcomed. I see the rumor is true. Both you and Bulma, huh? I'm surprised you two aren't cat fighting."

"Oh, come on Yamcha, you know Bulma and I would never fight over something so silly."

"I don't know," Yamcha put Trunks down so he could crawl on the floor. "she can be pretty hostile." he watched as Rikku did the same. Goten sat up perfectly looking at his brother. Trunks matched his position and for awhile they just stared at each other. Trunks was the one to make the first move. He held out his hand and goten grabbed it the two of them laughing.