Change Now!

Jeice and Ginyu finally landed. Ginyu's eyes were all for Rikku. So, this was the girl that destroyed his beloved Ginyu Force. His eyes went side to side. He saw Burter's crumpled form, his neck broken and his tongue hanging out. What was left of Reccome and Guildo was nothing, but a couple of burnt carcasses. He will make her pay dearly for her crimes.

"Uh Rikku, I think now would be a good time for a plan." Krillen stood behind her trembling at Ginyu's power. He sensed a mighty difference in Ginyu's power compared to the rest of his men, and with as much trouble as he and Gohan had with Guildo, and Vegeta had with Reccome he hoped Rikku knew what she was getting into.

"Listen up," She whispered. "You and Gohan take the dragon radar and hunt down the Dragon Balls. If Vegeta's right this may be our only shot of pulling them away from Frieza. Vegeta and I will handle these two ourselves."

"Oh, right, good plan." He looked to Gohan. The little half saiyan looked reluctant to leave his mother's side. The last time he had left her alone she had been beaten up and dragged onto a spaceship. "Come on, Gohan. We've got ourselves a mission."

Ginyu's scouter read Rikku's current power level. "It says Five thousand."

"That's impossible!" Jeice concluded. "She must be hiding her real power level."

"You idiot, that's blatantly obvious!" He crosses his arms getting a good look at Rikku. Her stance was all fighter, tall, proud, and determined. The look in her eyes is one he had seen many times in the battle field. It was a look of resolution. "You're looking at a rare fighter, Jeice. She can quadruple her power in an instant." Which would explain why she had beaten his Ginyu force with such ease. His blind force didn't even see her power coming. "I imagine when she fully gets going she'll have a power level of sixty thousand."

"What? Sixty thousand? She's a saiyan! No bloody Saiyan could have a power level that high!"

"Well this one can. She may be mutated or something. She's the first Saiyan I've ever seen without a tail." Excitement started to bubble inside Ginyu's stomach. "What a magnificent opportunity for me to show off. This fighter will give me the challenge I've been waiting for."

"Alright guys," Rikku turned to Gohan and Krillen. "It's time for you to go."

"Mom, I can't just leave you here."

"Rikku," Krillen said recognizing the glint in Rikku's eyes. "I have a feeling in some strange way that you're enjoying this."

"Maybe," Rikku admitted. "A little."

Vegeta, for the first time in his life, was torn. The Dragon balls were lying in Frieza's empty ship with no one to guard them. On the other hand he wasn't so sure of Karat's power as of yet. Sure she may be powerful but that didn't prove his point quite yet.

"Vegeta, I was hoping you'd stay here and fight with me." Rikku said giving him pleading eyes.

"Sure," he chuckled. "Why not." Good, she made the decision for him.

Gohan and Krillen zoomed off and away from the fight. Jeice and Ginyu didn't even bother with them. After finishing off the big fish they would take care of the little ones later. Rikku stepped forward. "You ready Vegeta."

"Oh yeah, I'm ready. I'll wish you luck, Karat."

"Luck?" She turned her head just in time to see him take to the sky.

"Have fun karat! I have a mission of my own to complete!"

"Damn it!" She glared up at the sky. "I take back what I said about you being nice Vegeta!" Stupid Prince! Why the hell did she trust him? Everything about him screamed villain. She sighed and rubbed her forehead. She knew why. It was that image of him... those little moments of kindness she read in his eyes when he looked at her when they were alone. The blurry, watery image of his hand pressed to the glass of her tank and his eyes filled with guilt and concern. Damn, what a character.