11. Hunting

It was a surprisingly calm day. Merchants were doing their usual business stuff on the stands, trying to fish some customers. They knew that it's not an easy thing to do, everyone was poor there. That's why half of their attention went to checking if there weren't any robbers making attempts to steal their precious stuff. They looked around and saw no one suspicious between the stands. What they didn't check though was all the space above their head. Why would they? People couldn't fly. At least not on their own. And no one had ODM gear in there, right? At least that's what they had thought. Their assumption got brutally verified when they heard an unfamiliar noise above their heads, a wing of air caused by a moving forward line. They didn't even get to register it properly when the four young people that were using this equipment lowered down to grab some food from their stands.

"Thieves!" a lot of voices yelled at the same time pointing at quickly moving shapes that now were in possession of their goods. "Here! It's military!'' A few of those outraged merchants pointed at the green cloaks that were now flying in the same direction as the thugs.

"We baited them! It worked" Isabel yelled in excitement as she looked behind to check if the military was following them. When she spotted them they turned to the right to get into a different alley. "What if they lose us from their sight?" she asked all three of her comrades, hoping that at least one of them would provide her with an answer.

"We can't act lost. It would be suspicious" Sophie answered and as green cloaks found themselves in the same alley they took a turn into another one. She was right. They talked it through a few days back, to make sure that their plan is perfect. It was, it really was. They were proud of it. They were sure that those Scouts won't let it go. They will try to find them no matter what. If they will have trouble catching up with them? Great. That will only mean that they're not as good as everyone was thinking. It would make their job way easier. At least that's what Furlan and Sophie had thought. Levi wasn't convinced about it. They had two different plans prepared though. One implied that Scouts won't match their skills. In that case they will kill them right away in the Underground. Doing it will mean that they will have to check Erwin Smith's body in search of documents and there was a great chance that he wouldn't have them with him. It would erase only one of Lovof's problems instead of two. Second plan implied that Scouts will indeed be as good as they are or even better. In that case they will let them catch them and follow them above the ground. They knew that Lovof had his workers all over the kingdom, that's why they were positive that in the case of being caught they could easily sneak out from the jail if Scouts would decide to put them in. Although the man who contacted them about that job shared with them another information - Scouts were considering transferring them into military members. As much as it sounded weird and laugh worthy for them, Levi thought that it would be the best scenario for them. In that case they would get a freedom to wander around military buildings and thus they could look out for those documents. He really hoped that the events of that day would turn out like this.

Once again the Scout regiment followed them exactly like they wanted them to. This time Levi took a look over his shoulder and focused his eyes on their cloaks to check if the wings of freedom were really embedded there. They were, which meant that their job was about to start for real. No hesitation now. No wondering if the right unit was following them. No, now they were completely positive about it. "Prepare yourselves" Levi commanded and they all nodded. He slowed down a little, letting them catch up with their speed. When their face shapes got more clear it was a sign for real fun to start. "Let's see what those Scouts really can do '' Levi said and he glanced off the closest wall, speeding up. They split up like they planned so it would be easier for them to manoeuvre around all those buildings. Scouts split up too and Levi saw that only one of them was following him. The rest might have followed the rest. He wondered which one of them was Erwin Smith. He didn't know anything about him. Nothing about his behaviour, character, looks - completely zero information. He figured out that he'll find out which one is him through the conversations that he'll listen to. If he's really a squad leader then they will at least address him by his title. That's another way to find it out.