Chapter 13

( Skylar's pov )

It was finally the day of my dear mother's burial...and I have to say...I feel like a piece has been torn out of me. 

'We have all come here, to say our final goodbyes to dear Rose Marie Adams. Our prayers will be brought up onto her and we pray that she is now at peace, watching over her family and friends.' My father had started to tear up again, his loss of my mother was breaking his heart even more. I gently held his hand, giving him a small smile of encouragement even though I knew I was in the same pain as him. He returned one back but it was forced. 'Now, let us all pray.' We all stood up, bowing our heads in respect. 

After our prayer was said, it was time to have our last goodbyes to my mother. I walked up to her coffin, shaking. When I had finally reached her coffin, I saw her in the most beautiful white dress. Around her neck, there lay the necklace that my dad had given to her when they first fell in love. They were seperated back when they were a bit younger but they were able to find a way back to each other. I guess you can call that true love.

I was proud to call her my mum. Not only did she inspire me and encourage me but she was like a best friend to me and I was greatful for everything she did for me. I guess now, I have to repay the favour and take care of my dad for her. 

I gave her a quick smile, whispering my goodbye.

It was time.

Her coffin was placed gently in the hole and finally, dirt soon began to fill it up again. I threw my single red rose on top of her coffin.

'I love you mum.'

OK...I'm sorry this is the shortest chapter I have ever written but I am currently having writer's block at the moment so bear with me. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying this book and I promise I will upload as soon as I figure out how to move the story forward.

Cookie monster out =)