Chapter 28

( Skylar's pov )

It's been a week since my rape. I still haven't told anyone nor do I plan too. Mckenzie's turned back to her normal-ish self but she still threatens me from time to time.

Only 49 more days until my wedding but I was no where near excited about it. In fact, I was scared to death. I didn't feel she was right for me anymore and I meant it this time. I don't want to marry a psychopath. 

I clutched tightly onto the flowers, slowly making my way towards the two stones. I knelt down, placing the flowers on the ground. One rose on my left and one rose on my right. 

Here lies Robert Adams.

A beloved husband and father. 

R.I.P

My eyes trailed over to my right, reading the other inscription.

Here lies Rose Adams.

A beautiful wife and a loving mother. 

R.I.P

Yes, my father died. It was a few weeks I started at the new school and by then, me and Mckenzie were dating. I wanted to visit him so my uncle brought me to the hospital. 

( Flashback )

'Hey dad' I screamed out happily, flinging my arms around him. I heard him chuckle, pulling me closer to him. 'Hey there sweet pea." he said, his voice sounding so soft. I pulled away from him, smacking him slightly on the arm but not too hard. 'DAD!!' I screamed out, remembering that I not only missed him but was still slightly angry with him.

'What my little Sky?' 

'Why did you do it?' I asked him, rubbing the tears away from my eyes. He gave me a small, sad smile. His eyes suddenly became distant. I grabbed his hand, trying to gain his attention again. 'Sky...she was my first love, my true love and my everything. I really loved her honey and I still do. It's just so hard...to know that she's no longer here.' he replied honestly.

'Oh...dad....'

'The worst thing is...and please don't take any offence Sky..but your an exact splitting image of her. I look at you and all these memories start flowing back to me.' A lone tear slowly trailed down his face. Using my thumb, I brushed it away. He patted my hand and moved it away from his face. 'Anyways Sky...hows you and this Ashley girl going?' 

I froze when he mentioned her name. How is she doing right now? Does she miss me? Has she moved on already?

'Skylar?' I heard my dad's voice ask again, worry edged in his voice. 'What's wrong? Did she do something to you?' 

'No..no... dad...I don't go to the same school with her anymore. I moved in with uncle and I have a girlfriend...' I stuttered out, desperately holding my tears back. He gasped out in shock. 

'But both me and your mother said that she sounded perfect....' he muttered out. I gave a signal and I heard the door creak open. Mckenzie made her way to me, standing by my side. When I caught dad's attention again, he just frowned at Kenzie. 

'Hello sir, my name's Mckenzie.' she greeted him happily but dad just grunted in response, barely giving her any attention and just focused on me. 'Did you even say goodbye to her?'

I shook my head slowly. Actually, I really don't know if that was a goodbye..

'She has sir but she's got me now and I will protect her and-' Kenzie rambled on but dad just lifted his hand up, silencing her immediately. 'If you don't mind, that question was directed to my daughter and I would like some privacy with her.' he said through clenched teeth. Kenzie's eyes widened in shock but followed my dad's wishes.