Chapter 14

( Ashley's pov )

So far, school has been absolutely boring without Skylar around. She was the one who was able to make me look forward to it just because I get to see her but since she hasn't been here for the past week, I feel like I'm in hell.

The teacher's voice continued to drag on, making me yawn. 

Damn...I'm really sleepy...

'ASHLEY LAWSON!!!'

I suddenly jumped up from my desk to face the teacher. Her face was even uglier up close!! Everything about her just made me think of her being an ancient, wrinkled leather wallet. Her eyes scanned me over, making me freeze in place. This teacher was basically a witch to put it nicely...

'So Miss Lawson, what were you doing during my talk.' She asked, crossing her arms.

'I've been taking notes....' I muttered quietly. 'from a witch.' The room then bursted into a fit of laughter, making it obvious for me that they heard what I said. I rolled my eyes, glaring at all of them to shut up but they continued to laugh.

'If you think I'm that much of a witch Miss Lawson, you may merrily make your way to the principle's office and await your next punishment.' she said sarcastically. Sighing, I grabbed my stuff before slamming open the door. I quickly ran, not to the principle's office but away from school. I miss her face, her laugh and most importantly, just her being with me. I needed to see her again.

When I finally reached my motorcycle, I drove away ignoring the calls from the security guards. However, I forgot that I never been to her house before so I have no idea where the hell it is. I pulled over to a near by cafe and just by luck, she was sitting there, sitting cross legged while sipping her drink. I smiled, almost jumping for joy. 

Quickly hopping off my motorcyle, I speed walked over to her and took a seat across from her. When my eyes finally met hers, I noticed that her eyes were dull. Everything about her seemed to be lifeless. 'Hey Sky.' I said softly, scared of being pushed away. In return, she gave me a small smile before taking another sip from her drink. 'How you been?'

She gently placed her drink down before giving me a forced smile. 'Everything is fne. Sorry I've been missing for the past week but-' she stopped before continuing, 'I guess you don't really need to hear my apology since you have tons of friends to keep you company..' she muttered.

I leaned over, gently grabbing her hand. The sparks flew just by that single touch. 'I've been ignoring them Sky.'

'Why?'

'Because they don't understand me. They expect something from me but your different....and to be honest I missed you a lot.' I said truthfully. 'You let me in...so Skylar..right now...I know your lying to me.' She looked shock but I continued. 'Besides, I know your still grieving over your mother. The pain is clear as day. I understand that your in pain but I just want you to know that I'm here, no matter what.' Standing up, I made my way over to her seat, sitting beside her. 'I want to be like your guardian angel Sky.' I said, gently stroking her cheek.

'T-thank you Ash.....' she mumbled quietly, looking down at the floor. I gently lifted her chin up.

'I'm ALWAYS here for YOU Sky. I'll be here waiting.'

I stood up, strecthing out a hand for her to take. 'C'mon, lets get your mind off things for a while.' 

'But where?'

'You'll see. C'mon.'

'Are you trying to take me out on a date?' She said smirking.

'Maybe...maybe not.' I replied back, giving her a lopsided grin.