Chapter 4

( Ashley's pov )

I walked through the packed hallways of the school. As usual, I got the few flirlty comments and 'hey Ash, whats up?'. Damn people, I'm only one girl not royalty.I continued to make my way to the caffeteria to grab a quick bite to eat only to be swarmed by a bunch of random people who I didn't even knew. 

'Hey Ash, that was one heck of a party last night.'

'I can't believe you cussed out Meika......YOUR AWESOME!!'

'Is it true that you and Skylar are a thing now?'

'I love you ASH!!!!'

I rolled my eyes. It wasn't a big deal, I just stood up to someone who was being mean to someone who was I really cared about. Wait, when did I start caring for her? I just knew last night that we've being going to the same school since kindergarten...so why does my heart skip a bit when I hear her name?

Shaking my head, I shoved everyone out the way. I quickly brought some hot chocolate and sandwich before making my way outside. Sometimes, being popular just takes away the freedom from you so you barely get to do anything by yourself. I made my way to the back of the school. No one knew but there was a hill with a tree that over viewed the town we were next to. It was quite peaceful and it was the only place were I could collect my own thoughts without being disruppted.

However, I was surprised to see a figure sitting beside the tree. Her wavy brown hair cascading down her beautiful face. It was her, Skylar. She seemed to be reading a book, completely lost in it. I felt jealousy since the book had her attention not me.

I quietly made my way over to her. She still hadn't noticed me so I covered her eyes, containing the small smile that almost escaped my lips.

She gasped in shock and suddenly elbowed me right in the stomach. Damn, that hurts like hell!!

I clutched onto my stomach, trying to get my breath back. Skylar, on the other hand started to laugh at my pain. Soon after, she fell on the floor next to me, both of us still trying to catch our breaths. We soon became silent, just staring at the clouds floating by.

'Why are you here?' she asked all of a sudden. I should be asking her that. I didn't even know she knew this place.

'This is the only place where I can collect my thoughts without people harassing me every second.' I said honestly. She was different from every girl I've ever slept with or been with. She was special. 

She just nodded in response and we continued to stare at the clouds.

'Why are you here? And how did you know about this place?' I was beyond curious right now...

'Well..since your so curious Lawson, I found this place when we first came here in this highschool. I was bored I guess so I just wondered around the campus and yeah....it was calm here and like you said, I too also collect my thoughts if somethings troubling me.' She said softly.

'How come you don't hang out with your friends....and your boyfriend?' I asked through clenched teeth. Even though I haven't met the guy, I sure as hell was jealous that he was able to have Skylar as his girlfriend...

'Having more friends means too much drama and to be honest, I don't really have anyone to call a friend at this school.' she stated in a matter of factly.

'But how about your boyfriend? And I could be your friend if you want?' I asked, unsure of what she might say next.

She stayed quiet but then spoke, 'Ok Ash, since we're friends now..I guess I can tell you that I don't have a boyfriend.'