Chapter 24

( Ashley's pov )

The violins started to play the beginning of my brand new song. All of my boys gave me a small smile when they read the lyrics of the song. I guess they figure out why I locked myself out before the concert..

'So..before I start. I wrote this song for a special someone. Here's hoping that both of you will like it.' I said to Sky and Mackenzie, giving them both a forced smile. Mackenzie just returned it with a grin, sitting down on a stool before moving Sky to sit on her lap. I clenched my teeth but I had to let it go. Closing my eyes, I started to sing, trying to get in the right rhythm.

Sitting here wide awake
Thinking about when I last saw you
I know you're not far away
Close my eyes and I still see you
Lying here next to me
Wearing nothing but a smile

I opened my eyes slightly, noticing Sky staring directly at me. She held a soft gaze but I saw some tears that were starting to form in her beautiful eyes. Mackenzie leaned in, whispering to her whichimmediatly stopped her from sniffling but I could see she was desperatly trying to hold it in.  

All I wanna do is hide
But I can't stop myself from staring
Wishing her hands were mine
I can't stop myself from caring
And as she turns down the lights
I'm feeling paralysed
And as she looks into her eyes

~ haha, just changed the lyrics slightly but continue reading xD ~

The music echoed through the room. I listened to every word I sang out, meaning all of it. She didn't tell me. She didn't need me. She went and just left it all behind. I should have tried; to atleast stop her from moving away but she already made her decision.

I'm standing in the dark
She's dancing on the table
Looking through the glass
She's someone else's angel
It may sound stupid that I'm wanting you back
But I'm wanting you back, girl
And now I'm standing in the dark dark
Oh dark dark, oh dark dark
She's someone else's angel

My heart started to ache as I finished the song. 'She's someone else's angel'. The verse just kept repeating in my head. I stopped strumming, gently placing my guitar on the floor. I looked behind me, all of my boys giving me a sad but encouraging smile. The violinists though, just applauded, saying that 'It was beautiful' and 'Aww..its so sweet!'

When I turned back to face Sky, both her and her girlfriend were already standing up, hand in hand. 'Well that was amazing Miss Lawson' Mackenzie said to me, bowing slightly as if I was royalty. I shook my head. 'Well, thank you for listening.' I replied back to her. 

(  Skylar's pov )

'Well, thank you for listening.' Ash muttered slightly, even though I knew she was trying hard to be nice to Kenzie. 'Yeah, I agree. That was absolutely beautiful Ash-' Kenzie suddenly gave me a little glare. 'Ashley' I said, correcting myself. She nodded her head. 

The rest of the band, slowly made their way behind Ash, Adam placing a hand on her shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze. 'Well...thats it for the LAWSON tour and concert.' he said happily. Kenzie let go of my hand, moving forward. 'Hahaha..I don't think so mate.' she countered back, rumaging in her pocket. 

What the hell is she up to now?

( Mackenzie's pov )

I've had enough of this. Ever since I realized that Miss Lawson herself was my Skylar's heartbreaker, I immediately felt hatred towards her. When I first met Skylar, I could see how much damage this bitch had done to her but I want to change that. I guess this timing is better than ever. This will show her that Skylar is mine and not hers.

~ flashback, 2 years ago ~

Author's note: I just wanted to confirm that Skylar and Mackenzie started to date a few months after they met eachother on the bus, if anyone was wondering. So they've been dating for quite a while now...

'So..this Ash person..you were quite tight huh?' I asked her, pulling her close. I inhaled her sweet smell, savouring every moment I shared with her. 'Yeah...' she replied back unsurely. 'Can we just change the channel to something else?' she asked me, giving me puppy dog eyes. I chuckled at that cute face. 'Yeah sure. Go on then.'

We had our random talks but I knew Skylar wasn't telling me everything about her. I only knew the main information about her like whats her birthday, what she likes and dislikes but nothing more. The worst part was, I could barely have any 'fun' time with her since she said, 'She wasn't ready..' and that she would prefer to do it when she was already married. I figured those were only excuses since  we just stuck to kissing but was she does she really believe that little promise that this Ash girl said was true. I mean, c'mon on. She's probably pulling on her leg.

So, I made a pact to myself. I wanted to show her what love really is.

~ end of flashback ~

I felt around in my pocket, searching for that small leather box. I could hear small mumbles and whispers between the people around me but I didn't care. It was finally time for me to make Skylar mine. 

When I finally found it, I fidgeted slightly, glancing around at everyone's faces. When my eyes landed on Ashley's, I just gave her a small smirk, mouthing the words, 'You've lost her now.' She frowned in response, making me want to laugh at her face. Turning to face Skylar, I bent down on one knee, getting prepared to say the speech that I was practising for months. 

'Skylar, I have loved you the moment I laid eyes on you.' I said, taking her hand gently and looking up at her pretty face. Her face held no emotion but I continued anyways. 'When I first saw you, I knew there was something behind all the bad ass act. I saw someone else....and hopefully, I want to see more of that when we grow old together.'

A heard a hand crack but that only made me smile. I knew it was Ashley. I knew she was hurting but I don't care about her feelings. 

'Will you marry me?' I asked her, pulling open the black box, reavealing the diamond ring.

Her eyes wandered around the room, her body started to shake. She looked back down to me before saying. 'Yes. I will marry you.'