Chapter 16

( Ashley's pov )

'Sky...stop pushing me away. I'm not going to leave you, just like I said before.' I pleaded with her. Her dad was currently in a coma and the doctor made it worse for poor Sky saying that it might take ages for him to wake up.

'Leave me alone Ash!!! What don't you get about that?!?!?!', she screamed at me, 'Just fuck off!!!!'

'Sky I'm only tryin to he-'

'Then help me by leaving me alone. I don't want to see you Ash so please...I'm begging you just leave.' She said through clenched teeth. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. We were both frustrated but I guess I should just follow her wishes for now.

'Fine I'll go but if you need anything, just call me and I will be there as quick as I can.' I whispered softly before slipping out of the room.

( Skylar's pov )

I know it was mean of me to push Ash away when she's trying to help but she doesn't understand how much pain I'm in. First I lose my mother and now my dad is in a coma..

All these thoughts piled up in my head. I kept rewinding the scenes, remembering that Ash was always invovled in them starting from her making me lose my mother's last goodbye to me, to her special date that distracted me from taking care of my own father.

Is Ash the cause of all this?

Is this a sign??

I shook my head, convincing myself that it isn't Ash's fault at all but it was just a coincidence. However, the more I think about it, the more I think that Ash is becoming a distraction to me. 

I looked at my dad, gently holding his hand. It was cold and lifeless just like my mother's. Standing up, I made my way towards the door. I need to take my minds off things and since Ash is the perfect distraction, why not?

( Ash's pov )

'Girl, ask Skylar out already!!! I can see the love that both of you guys have in your eyes whenever your around each other. Don't you think thats a sign that the God's are telling you?' Sammy reasoned with me. I gave her a small smile, shaking my head.

'She doesn't like me like that. We're just.....friends.' I mumbled quietly. It broke my heart when I thought that I could only be friends with her and nothing more than that...

'Well..explain that kiss both of you shared on your date? I don't exactly call that friends and I think you know that as well. What's holding you back anyways?' She asked, obviously oblivious. 

'Sam....her dad's in a coma.', she gasped but I continued, ' and besides, I'm starting to think that this is all my fault.' I said in a sad voice. Just thinking about it made me guilty and that guilt was starting to eat me up inside.

Sammy gently took my hand, giving it a squeeze. 'Why do you keep blaming yourself Ash? No ones perfect but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. This is NOT your fault. Its just a coincidence that these events happened. Skylar won't blame you for all of this but she need your support right now.'

'She keeps pushing me away Sam..' I muttered out.

'That doesn't mean you have to stop trying right?'

'.....'

'You know I'm right-'

Ring Ring Ring

'Your phone is ringing.' Sammy said in a matter of fact. I rolled my eyes. Its kind of obvious isn't it? I picked up the phone, no bothering to look at the caller's ID.

'Hey, wassup?' I asked in a monotone voice.

'Hey Ash...' Her melodic voice said through the phone.

'Oh hey Sky, is everything alright? Did something happen?' I rambled on with all these questions. I care about this girl, heck I love her to be honest. She's the first person to ever make me feel this way and let me say, it was scary as hell to have all these feelings..

She chuckled slightly making my lips curve into a smile. Sammy noticed this, giving me a small smirk, probably knowing that I was talking to Sky. 'I'm fine Ash, I was wondering if you wanted to hang you know? I guess....I'm just feeling a bit lost at the moment.

'Yeah sure. Where do you want to meet?'

'Your special eden place Ash. If thats ok with you?' She asked, sounding usure of herself.

'Thats fine besides its our special eden place Sky. I made that for you and me...' I admitted, feeling like this conversation had become a scene from one of those chick flick or cliche movies. Damn, I'm whipped for this girl...

'Oh wow..thanks...Anyways, I'll meet you soon?'

'Do you want me to pick you up?' I didn't want her to walk. She deserved to be treated like a princess.

'Alright then...I'll text you my address. See you soon.'

'Ok bye.' 

I looked over to Sammy. She was currently holding her mouth, which held back the muffled giggles. When I hung up, she just bursted out laughing. 'Girl!!!!! Your fucking whipped!!!'

I huffed. 'Whatever Sammy...'

'C'mon, lets get you ready.' I groaned. 

( Skylar's pov )

'You've got some swag, I gotta admit that Ash.' I said, chuckling slightly. I looked her up and down. Ash was the type of girl to wear simple clothing but it always made her look hot. She was currently wearinf a grey and black varisty jacket, a simple plain white tee and white converses. I then looked at her, noticing that she was blushing. I giggled, gentky patting her cheek. 'Awwww, somone's blushing!!!' 

She shook her head, looking down at the floor.'Nah....you've got the swag....actually no...Your beautiful.' she muttered out. Smiling, I stood on my tippy toes and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

'Thanks Lee.' I almost laughed at my nick name for her. 

'Lee?' she asked in a confused tone. 'I'm a girl?'

'I know you are silly, I'm just testing out these nicknames for you.' 

'Why though?'

I shrugged my shoulders. 'I don't know.' 

'Your weird Rose.'

'My names Skylar and besides thats my middle name.' I argued back, smiling.

'Rose Rose Rose Rose!!!' She shouted, running away from me. I shook my head and started to chase after her. 

'Come back here Lee!!!!'