Chapter 31

( Ashley's pov )

Did she really mean it? Does she still love me? Or is it just my love stricken heart hearing nonsense again?

Possibly.

I watch Sky with an amused smirk. She only blushed in response, quickly slipping her shirt over her head, only to get stuck halfway through. I mean, how could you get your head stuck in your own shirt?

'Ash...a little help please?' she pleaded through her shirt. I let out a low chuckle, watching her struggle infront of me. 'Really Sky? You got yourself stuck already?' I teased her. I could hear her huff out in response, obviously annoyed with all my teasing but hey, I'm still as cheeky as ever.

'Here. Let me help.' I reached out to her, gently tugging the hem of her shirt down, allowing her head to finally pop through the right hole. Her face was kind of flushed but she still looked beautiful, even if her hair was like a lion's mine.

I pulled her to me, attempting to tame her wild hair. I felt her give out a soft sigh. She started to relax into my arms making my heart jump slightly. 'Did you really mean what you said Sky?'

She turned around, facing me. Her hand reached up, cupping my cheek. I leaned into her touch, feeling those all too familiar sparks I always felt when we touched. 'Of -'

RING RING

I grunted, running a hand through my hair. Of course someone had to ruin the moment. I wonder who the little fucker was. I looked back at her. She mouth I'm sorry before answering the phone.

'Hello?'

Silence.

Skylar's face suddenly turned upside down. Whoever was on the phone was pissing her off badly. I grabbed onto her hand, rubbing small circle on it. I felt her relax again but I was still worried about her.

'Yeah I know. Babe, I'm just hanging with a friend thats all.' she quickly rushed out. I frowned, knowing it was Mckenzie.

'Babe, she's just a friend!!!' she screamed. I shook my head. I knew it was too good to be true. I let go of her hand, immediatly feeling cold and missing the warmth she held. I started to walked away however I was swiftly pulled back. Skylar had a pleading look on her face but I don't know what to do anymore.

'Well Kenzie!! JUST SHUT UP!' her thumb quickly pressed down on the end call button. She started to rub her temples, muttering under her breath. I sat down patiently on the little bed, waiting for her to finally speak. When she finally stopped talking to herself, she plopped down next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

The sun was starting to set and I knew it was soon time to say goodbye.

'Sky?' I called out to her.

'Yeah?' she mumbled back.

'Are you just toying with me?'

She pulled away from me, her face holding pure shock. 'What are you saying Ash?'

I stood up slowly. 'We just had sex Sky. I still love you and you claim to still love me aswell but when Kenzie comes along, you act like a whole new person. Sky, I love you.' I sighed. 'But if this is all meaningless to you now, then just tell me.'

I know its stupid of me to keep walking away from my problems but I don't want to face them, just knowing that I will get hurt all over again.

Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I just walked away.

( Skylar's pov )

Why does she keep having to run away from me? I know I hurt her but I'm trying my best to pull her back into my arms. However, Kenzie is always the reason why I can't do that. She's the one whos pulling me away from a friend and my first love.