Chapter 32

* 2 days later and 5 more days till the wedding.

( Skylar's pov )

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I saw a girl in a big fluffy white dress, who had her hair in tight curls. The girl was me but I didn't feel like I was in the right body. I felt like I was in an empty shell.

'You look georgous honey!' the lady beamed, clasping her hands together. I gave her a small smile and nodded.

'Thank you.' I whispered to her, still staring at my own reflection.

( Ashley's pov )

I looked down at the paper once again, my jaw tightening when I read every single word over and over again, just to make sure that I didn't misread it or anything.

Together, Skylar Adams and Mckenzie Brown,

request the honnor of you presence at their marriage.

You may bring a plus one.

I growled, tempting to rip the paper into shreds but I held back. I needed to play at their wedding anyways.

Mckenzie just wanted to torture me even more. First, her surprise gift of me and my boys playing at her wedding and the invitation, repeating the words marriage.

I threw the paper to my side, not noticing someone picking it up and sitting beside me.

'Sammy, I don't want to talk right now and I sure as hell don't want to be told off by you again.' I muttered. I only recieved a chuckle, unfamiliar to me and definently didn't belong to Sammy either. It was her mother.

'I guess my baby girl takes that from me. I'm sorry she's been troubling you with something she took after me.' she said warmly. I gave her a small smile and looked back down to my hands, twiddling my fingers together.

'Penny for your thoughts?' she asked me, breaking the silence I had created. I finally gave her my attention and looked at her, just for her to notice the tears pooling in my eyes again. Again. I've been crying a lot lately. I guess I've become too soft.

'Its her mum. I just....I can't move on without her. Its like I gave her my heart and now I'm just stuck in an empty shell.'

'I see..' she replied, her eyes looking lost in thought. She opened up the crumpled letter and read it out. 'Skylar Adams. Is that the girl?'

'Yeah.'

Her eyes skimmed over the invitation; her face expressionless. 'And her?', she asked me absentmindly.

'Her?'

'Mckenzie Adams?' she asked again. I looked back at the invitation and jabbed her name with my middle finger. 'Miss Adams is the one who ruined everything. She took her..'

'And you? What are you doing to stop it?'

I stood up angril, pacing back and fourth in my room. 'I've done and tried everything I could think of!!!!'

'Everything?'

'YEAH!!!'

'Uh huh..'

( Sammy and Ashley's mum's pov )

I quietly motioned for them to come in and gently placed a finger to my lips. I know my daughter tends to rant a lot when she's confused or hurt so as her mother (and I am her only mother since the other one never really was), I will do everything to help her and lead her to the right path.

I watched as Joey carried a rather big instrument in, knocking over a glass that was stood on the edge of her beside table. Ryan quickly caught it and smacked Joey in his head.

'And then when I bring her back to the place I treasure most, that bitch suddenly calls and-' I heard Ash mutter furiously in the background. I held back a laugh knowing that she still hasn't seen her friends and her sister come in the room.

'But no. Skylar just does everything that fucktard says. I doubt she has any control in her life anymore!!!'

'And how does that make you feel?' I asked her, knowing that she would turn around to face me and answer honestly.

'It makes me feel weak. Weak to now that I'm not their to protect her even if she pushes me away. It makes me feel like she lost her guardian angel-' she stopped in mid sentence, finally notcing the rest of her company.

'That bracelet,' I ponted out to her. 'You told me stories about you and her and this guardian angel. That you were once hers and when she gave you that bracelet, you thought she had become yours? Am I right?'

Guitars were gently strumming behind me. I turned to my other daughter and we both sang.

When I see your smile

Tears run down my face I can't replace

And now that I'm strong I have figured out

How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul

And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one

Ash looked at me shocked. I may be an old women but I still have talents. Many, many hidden talents.

I will never let you fall (let you fall)

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)

Even if saving you sends me to heaven

The boys all sang in perfect harmony. It was time to show Ash what we could all do together.

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.

Seasons are changing

And waves are crashing

And stars are falling all for us

Days grow longer and nights grow shorter

I can show you I'll be the one

I will never let you fall (let you fall)

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)

Even if saving you sends me to heaven

'Cause you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart

Please don't throw that away

'Cause I'm here for you

Please don't walk away and

Please tell me you'll stay, whoa, stay, whoa

Ash held tears of joy and happiness as we were singing. Throughout that time, she kept tracing the angel's wing and smiling happily down onto it. When we finished our 'fabulous' performance, we all bowed down to her. She snorted a laugh and rushed up to us, embracing us into the tightest bear hug ever known to man.

'You guys!!!' she screamed out.

'Sing it.' the boys and Skylar said simply but forcefully.

'What?'

'This song. It will remind her of that.' my Sammy said wisely, pointing at that bracelet again.

'You're her guardian angel Ash.'