12

Betty's POV
I was in shock and said "what?"

He gulped and I got off of him and he got up.

I said "how long."

He then said "just...today..."

I scoffed and yelled "I was about to have sex with you!"

I scoffed and and he said "I'm sorry okay!"

I then yelled "who do you like more Jughead!"

He then yelled "you! I like you more!"

I gulped and said "who do you love more?"

He sighed and I said "if you love me more...then fine. It was a mistake...but if you can't choose...you can't have me as your second option...I've seen this way too many times...the first one is always going to be loved more...but you'll choose the second out of pity, and I won't have anyones pity!"

He gulped and I sighed and said "I'll...I'll get changed."

I went into the bathroom and covered my mouth as I began crying.

When I came out I said "I'm not...I'm not gonna be upset or mad...because I'm not going through what happened with Sweet Pea."

I sighed and said "I'll just..."

I looked at him and he said "it was a mistake please Betty..."

I then said "if you still love him I will always have the thought in my mind. Do you love me...or him?"

He gulped and I cried and he held my face and I said "keep Archie...don't choose me. You wouldn't have kept him around if you truly wanted me..."

He shook his head saying "no...no I choose you because even if I was in love with Archie how was I able to try and love you too..."

I cried and pushed him away "I need to go..."

I began grabbing my things and said "here have your gift I don't care."

I set the huge box on the bed and said "keep this bag too."

I began leaving and he grabbed my arm saying "forgive me Betty...your the only person I want...please..."

I shook my head "you need to close the chapter with Archie, I've closed mine...today was the first time I thought about Sweet Pea in so long. Once you can do that...call me."

I took off my necklace and gave it to him and I grabbed my phone and called my mom and she came to pick me up. I was at home in my sheets when my dad came in.

He said "hey..."

I sniffled and said "I'm afraid I'm gonna hurt myself dad..."

He sat down and I said "I'm scared..."

He sat me up and held me tightly.

"I'm so scared..."

He sighed and kissed my head saying "calm down Elizabeth I'm right here..."