[𝟭𝟯𝟴] 🧸 Cᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ Uɴᴀᴡᴀʀᴇ - ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋

Y/N - your name
C/N - crush's name
B/N - best friend's name

Song: "You Stupid Bitch" - girl in red

requested by @Darling-Thunder

————————————

Everyone seemed to know that C/N and Y/N held mutual feelings for each other; in fact, many assumed they were already dating by the way they acted. Only, the pair themselves were completely unaware to their reciprocated feelings. They each thought that the other party considered them a best friend and absolutely nothing more. Their friend group were absolutely sick of it.

The constant jabs of banter-hidden adoration towards the other was the kind of PDA you would see in other couples that would either disgust you or make you jealous. "Just give me the glue stick." "Nuh-uh, you gotta get it from me."

So, as the group all arrived at the beach on a fine sunny day, ready for beach sun and fun, they were yet again fed up to see Y/N and C/N had fallen asleep. Why was that annoying? Her head was resting on his shoulder and his head resting on hers. To some it may be considered adorable, and it had been to them all when it first started happening, but they were getting incredibly close to informing each of them they held mutual feelings.

"C'mon, wake up, lovebirds," B/N grumbled, shaking them both, "We're fully prepared to leave you behind."

That got the two up, and the group headed down to the golden sand and foaming water. It was a weekday, so the place was void of families and most adults. The peacefulness was welcoming and left plenty of good spots to choose for base camp. When the tents were set up and towels laid, B/N and her partner immediately headed right down to the sea to bathe in the salty warm waters.

"Wanna build a sandcastle?" C/N asked Y/N, as other members of the group readied themselves for sunbathing.

"You read my mind."

They quickly got to work; scooping the damp sand into the buckets they had brought and building a mightier and mightier castle. Y/N had just began digging a moat around the outside of it when B/N came back up. "You guys are so childish," she said, harmless intentions obvious by the way she laughed.

"Excuse me, do not insult my queen like that," C/N replied jokingly in defence.

"I think you'll find my king and I are incredibly mature and responsible rulers."

B/N rolled her eyes, unsurprised at yet more flirtatious actions between them. "So sorry, your majesties." She curtsied mockingly before moving towards the sunbathers to join their tanning session.

"Care to come and collect some water for the moat with me, my queen?"

"But of course, my king!" she accepted his extended hand and he led her elegantly down to the waves; they each held a bucket in their free hands.

It took a few trips to successfully fill the mini ditch with sloshing salty water, as the dry sand below kept draining it. Once they completed the task, however, the group had all decided to play with a blow-up beachball in the ocean, so they joined them.

As the ball got thrown further and further, they all found themselves shifting deeper and deeper into the sea until Y/N was having to tread water. The ball got thrown her way again and she pushed herself up to hit it to someone else, but the upwards force meant she went crashing below the surface when she dropped back down again. She pushed herself back above but still found herself gasping for air.

C/N quickly noticed and moved over to her to help; Y/N latched on to his side pretty much instantly and breathed a sigh of relief as she let her head drop on his shoulder.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, thanks."

He grinned, pressing a quick kiss to her forehead.

"How are you guys not dating?!" B/N finally burst, "You act like a couple all the time!"

"We're just frie-"

"And how come everyone but you two know that you have crushes on each other?!"

The rest of the group piped up and voiced their agreements with B/N.

Y/N and C/N got embarrassed pretty quickly, but the group moved on and suggested buying fish and chips, and maybe some ice cream as well. None of them had eaten in a while, after all. Without another word, C/N carried Y/N on his side back up to the shore, only dropping her when they were no longer mostly submerged in water - which was way after it had been shallow enough for Y/N to stand up by herself.

"Do you- do you really like me?" she worked up the courage to ask, making C/N stop in his tracks and turn to look at her.

"Are you seriously asking that?"

"Well, yeah..."

"Of course I like you! I just always thought you never liked me like that."

"Of course I do! It's obvious, isn't it?"

"Well then we're both oblivious, huh?" he laughed, holding out his hand, "C'mon, I'm famished."

She accepted his hand with a smile.

—————————————

it's so hot here rn 31 degrees is unreasonable for my pale pasty ass... i'm actually wearing less clothes than a baggy shirt and joggers for once

[903 words]