Et tu, Brute?

A/N: Hey Guys! I know I need to explain why I've been absent from Wattpad for so long and honestly... it's because for a period of time I had lost all interest in BNHA, which...due to some close friends getting into the fandom has made me rediscover my love for it, and, in turn, for this fanfic. We're nearing the end and I'm honestly so grateful people are still reading my story and how it ended up getting this popular in the first place.

And, without further ado, enjoy the next chapter of Game of Traitors and expect some more coming soon!

Song for this Chapter: Tout l'Univers - Gjon's Tears

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so sorry mom, I'm so sorry!"

Those words replay in my head like a broken record, unable to stop replaying, and replaying..

I'm sorry? Mom?

Promise not to tell anyone?

I know I should be listening in. I know I shouldn't run off but...

One foot goes in front of the other, my head unlatches from the wooden door with a slight bang, hopefully no one noticing. I meanwhile glance down at my timer.

38:39:42...38:39:41...

My throat is filled with dryness, my eyes filled to the brim with salty, opaque tears. Small coughs escape my mouth, my hands immediately going to cover my face. I can't just...cry in front of Kacchan like this again! Not like I'd be able to loud enough... I've...learned to suppress my tears so much that it's only second nature.

"Deku?" Kacchan mutters sternly, his eyes averted to me, yet his ear pressed up against the dark colored door...At least I know I don't need to be touching the door to hear what's going on.

"I don't wanna tell you what happened to the others! You'll kick me out of the house, I'll lose my dance scholarship and I'll get arrested!"

"Arrested?" Kacchan's eyebrow raises as he mumbles under his breath. Glancing at me, he takes in a deep breath, his ever-soft hand extended towards me, which I happily take in mine, indulging in it's warmth as my heart is running a marathon, my breathing is labored and snot is trickling out of my nose in heaps.

"I don't get it...if it was a su-a suicide, why is Ashido on the phone? Todoroki was ha-" I cough out softly, Kacchan's other hand motioning me to be quiet...my bad.

"Why will I get arrested?! Mom, are you not hearing me?! They're all dead, don't you get it! It's this...dumb place I'm stuck in!"

Kacchan disconnects from the door for a faint second, my heart skipping a beat, as his soft breath bittersweetly caresses my ear in a whisper, his own breath labored, croaky. "It wasn't a suicide. Raccoon Eyes staged it to look like one."

Staged? She wouldn't, right? Sure, we had our suspicions about her but she can't really be the Traitor, can she? In the grand scheme of things, she can't be it. Let it be a dream, please. Don't let my sleepover be the cause of this! Let me wake up!