Flashback

Maddie's POV

"I wanna go home Alice. Mum's worried,  I knew this was a bad idea. Come on lets go." I insisted.

She frowned angrily, "No we're not leaving, I won't let you!" She pushed me backwards and I stumbled into the wall, hitting my head on the rough concrete. "Ouch what was that for?" I asked her while trying to get up.

She pushed me back down against the cold stone floor. "NO! You'll go back home. It's so boring being stuck here and at yours day after day. Just have fun for once, lighten up. You don't always have to do what your mum says." She argued, still stopping me from being able to get up. 

Alice's POV

She always tries to ruin the day. She doesn't know how to have fun. Surely Maddie knows I wouldn't hurt her, I don't have a reason to she's my best friend and she should know we'll go home after, like we always do

I don't even know why I did it. I think it was just to give her a fright. I didn't mean it, she wasn't meant to fall that much. I took her by surprise, I really didn't mean it. Why would I want to hurt my best friend? I watched her laying there, not moving. What would her family do when they found her? How would they find her? Only Brogan and Cara knew about the secret room but she'd never think to look there. I had to help Maddie.

The next day

"Remember our secret room I told you about, Cara?" I whispered from Maddie's train set.

I watched Cara as she muttered to herself trying to think of where Maddie could be. My hint got her thinking of possibilities. She picked up her phone and texted someone, wandering over to her I quickly saw she asked to meet Brogan at the park. Yes, they were going to find Maddie and everything would be alright. They would no longer worry. I hope.