Chapter Twenty Nine

I stood there in total shock as I tried to make sense of what I just witnessed. "Cara I.." He tried to explain.

"No, don't bother, save it for someone who cares. I ran away from home for you, I slept in a barn during a huge storm and I walked through muddy fields for hours. But you of all people Brogan? I don't know why I bothered, I wish I never ran away now, I finally sorted things out at home but I screwed it all up for you and you don't even care, do you?. I never expected this of you though. I hate you Brogan!" I screamed at him turning on my heel quickly and heading for the door. He ran after me and grabbed my arm trying to stop me. I swung my arm out of his grip accidentally hitting him in the process, well maybe it wasn't completely accidental. Just as I opened the door I heard a voice calling my name. I was just about to tell them to go away when I realise who it was. "Are you coming back later?" She asked in a quiet voice. I knelt down on the floor in front of her and hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry sweetie, I don't think I will be anymore, I don't think I can. Just remember what I said though." I told her sadly. I stared at me trying to figure me out again. Only this time she wasn't trying to see if she could trust me, she was trying to find out why I wasn't coming back.

"Okay, I understand." She whispered wiping her small, green eyes. I hugged her again before telling her goodbye and silently walking out of the house picking up my bags as I left. What was I going to do now? I pulled out my phone and searched for my mum's number. She hadn't called or texted, probably because she knew I needed to do space and if she tried to get me back we'd just argue again, pushing me further away. Just before I clicked 'call' a message flashed up "20% Battery left" Crap.

"Hello, Mum?" I eventually said after ringing her number 5 times.

"Honey, are you okay? Where are you? Are you coming home?" She fired 50 questions at me not giving me time to reply.

"Mum, I'm fine. I'm outside the care home that Brogan grew up in. Can you pick me up?" I told her the road name and she hung up while she drove. I whispered thanks mum after the call ended and went to sit on the wall outside the gates. It was ice cold and I shivered when I felt to see if it was wet from the rain last night. About 30 minutes later I watched my mum's car pull up. "Hey, honey does Brogan want a lift?"

I sighed remembering the past hours events, "No, he doesn't. He's busy doing some um...catching with some of his old care family." My eyes threatened to start crying again so I changed the subject quickly. My mum wouldn't let the subject about Brogan go though. She kept pressing me for answers and everything I brushed her away she brought it up again. "He kissed her mum. He kissed the girl from the care home." I whispered forcing the tears away.

---

A/N

Hello, I hope you like it, please comment with your thoughts.