Chapter Sixteen - Alice

Flashback

Alice's POV

"C'mon Maddie, lets go to our secret hideout, it's boring here." I pestered.

"But my mum said not now she's busy so she can't take me." Maddie replied, she's such a goody-two shoes. If my mum had said no I would sneak out. I think it's time I stopped Maddie from being so well behaved.

I thought about it for a minute, "Well just sneak out, I used to all the time. Its easy trust me I'll help." I encouraged. Walking over to the window I pulled it open. It was harder than I expected, I doubt anyone really opened it. I climbed out of the window and made my way down the wall, looking up when I reached the bottom. "Look put your feet in those gaps and just climb down, be quick before we're seen."

Maddie looked uncertain about it, "Maddie, you'll be fine, I'll be here to catch you if you fall." I watched my new best friend anxiously as she tried to climb out of the window. She paused and I remembered her fear of heights. I held my arms out signalling for her to jump if she needed. Slowly she made her way down the old brickwork using the steps as a ladder supporting her steps. When Maddie got to nearly the bottom she jumped backwards flying into me and catching me by surprise. Out of surprise I stumbled backwards, still breaking her fall.

We hurried to the park so we could avoid her mum. As we got off the drive I heard her mum shout out "MADDIE" Panicking slightly I dragged her forward faster towards the park.