Chapter Twelve

Tiffany's POV

"Max, I don't know what to do anymore, everything's a mess. I only want to move to keep Cara safe, I can't lose my other daughter as well." I sobbed.

Max sat there calmly, a little too calmly considering what just happened, but I was happy that he was there to listen to me and try to help. Even though Cara was always horrible to him he still stuck around and tried to calm her down knowing she hated him. I don't know why she hates him either, he's never done anything wrong.

"Tiff, you're not going to lose her. She's just gone to Brogan's she'll be back when she needs money or clothes. When she comes back we can talk it through. Everything's going to be alright." He comforted.

Cara's POV

I waited a few seconds before knocking on the door. I felt bad for not texting first but I just needed to get away from my mum and Max. I could hear arguing in the background, it was quite normal for Brogan to argue with his adopted dad they never did really get along. There was a harsh slap sound that came from the kitchen as footsteps came towards the door.

"Ah, hi Cara. Come in Brogan will be here in a minute." He told me. He looked so angry for some reason, probably just because they argued. As I stepped in Brogan came into the hall a frown on his face. One of his cheeks were bright red and he had his hand on it in pain. When he saw me he put on a fake smile and hugged me.

We went downstairs into the basement where there was a sort of den, with sofas, a TV, Xbox and drinks. We'd always go here when Brogan had an argument with his dad because his dad never came down here. "Brogan...are you okay?" I asked, "I heard you arguing and there was a bang or something, what happened?"

"Nothing, don't worry, I'm fine." He replied shortly.

"But-" 

"Just leave it!" He said angrily.

I nodded slightly and changed the subject telling him about my mum's idea to move and how I wasn't going back home unless I needed clothes or money. The look on his face went from anger to hurt and he looked like he was going to cry. I hated seeing him upset. "Don't worry, I'm not leaving, they can't make me." I assured him. He just smiled back weakly still looking upset.