Chapter Forty Five - Cara's POV

I walked home on my own. It wasn't exactly easy. I still don't know my way around this place and it's not exactly easy when you're feeling extremely dizzy still. I didn't let on to the nurses or Andrew that I still felt funny. I knew what would have happened, they wouldn't have let me go home. It look me around half an hour to get home even though the hospital was apparently only a ten minute walk away.  I pushed the key into the lock. It clicked in place and before I got to turn it the door slowly creaked open. I pushed it further open so I could step into the hallway, not thinking much of the door being unlocked. Before it reached the wall it hit something and bounced back smashing into my arm. I swore quietly under my breath. Sidestepping round the door I peered at what stopped it from opening. Stacked up in messy lines were about fifteen heavy looking boxes.

"Muuum?" I called out my eyes still adjusting to the strange surroundings. The walls were now a light bluey green colour, I'm sure mum had wallpapered it. Maybe I imagined it, but then what about the boxes?

A unfamiliar man walked out of our living room, "Hello darling." He sneered.

I stepped backwards crashing into a stack of boxes. I jumped forward smack bang into the creepy man in my house. "W-who are y-ou?" I stuttered shuffling away from him, confused with what was happening.

He smirked, "That doesn't concern you, does it?" He stepped closer and shut the door behind me.

"Uh, yes it does? This is my house now get out!" I demanded as my confidence came back to me.

"What makes you think we're gonna do that?" He laughed, clearly finding it amusing.

I glared at him, "We? You can take yourself and any of your friends out of my house or I'll call the police. Take your scummy stuff with you." I pointed to the boxes stacked up around me.

"Call the police with what phone?" He asked, holding my phone up in the air.

"Give it back you-"

He pushed me backwards against the wall to stop me from attempting to get my phone back. He moved closer and closer to me leaning in. I smirked. Lifting my leg up I head him scream in pain as my knee contacted his crotch. He bent over in pain and I grabbed my phone out of his tight grip. "Yeah, that's what I thought." I laughed.

"What's going on? Paul, what did she do." My eyes widened, he was much taller than the first man. I swore under my breath again.

Suddenly, he burst out laughing, "Did you just get beaten up by a girl? By her? Oh my god, that is just brilliant." He said in between laughs, he stepped closer to me and held up his hand by my head. Instinctively I stepped backwards in case he was going to hit me for hurting his friend, although judging by the non stop laughing, he didn't seem mad at all.

"I'm not gonna hit you, no way. I was only going to high five you." He watched me sigh in relief, "Paul think's he's so tough, he sort of needed a good kick."

I lifted my shaking hand and it smacked into his making at satisfying bang. He cheered and ruffled up my hair then proceeded to helping his friend, who I guessed was called Paul. He was still on the floor in agony. I straightened out my hair that Paul's tall friend messed up as if I was a three year old.

"If you don't mind me asking, but why are you here and what's going on?" I asked shyly.

Paul nodded and lead me into the living room, well our old living room. It seemed to be a games' room now. In the middle of the room there was a large pool table perfectly set up. To the right of the pool table were large speakers. They looked very powerful and when on full volume I really did not want to be within 50 miles of them. Around the edge of the room there were more game things, a tv and a seating area. I've never seen this room looking so big, even when it was empty. Paul's friend signalled to me and Paul to take a seat on the comfy looking sofas.

"Well..." They both began to explain.

"You go first Richard," Paul suggested.

"No, no you go first." Richard offered.

I let out a groan in frustration. I needed answers, quickly.