Chapter Twenty Five

I wandered out of the half destroyed barn. I needed to get some light it was damp and horrible in the barn. As I stepped out I saw the damage of the storm from last night. It must have been really bad. All the wood of the side was uneven and there was a massive hole in it letting in all the rain from the previous night. I walked over to it and saw a deep puddle that covered half the barn, luckily our stuff was left untouched, just about.

I gasped and turned around suddenly as something tapped my shoulder. I expected it to be Brogan so I began to giggle at my stupidity of being scared. As my eyes adjusted to who was standing in front of me. It certainly wasn't Brogan. Whoever it was they were much taller. Too tall to see his face properly. I watched him carefully as he took a few steps away and turned around to face me. He waved his hand encouraging me to follow him. I know it was stupid but I actually did because for some reason he looked familiar.

We walked halfway across the abandoned farmers field. Considering the amount if rain we got last night, the ground was stone dry. It didn't make sense. I didn't question it because right now I was as close to getting out these fields as I ever would be. Obviously, I'd find my way out then go back to tell Brogan.

After we walked for about five minutes the figure stopped in the middle of no where. He reached out and pointed straight in front of me. Squinting I could faintly make out the outline of a lit up building. He looked back at me and picked up a stick from the floor. Crouching down he marked a deep "X" in the soil. I stood still, confused as he walked off into the distance, slowly disappearing. I guessed I wasn't meant to follow him as he walked in the wrong direction to where he directed me. I started down at the mark on the floor and then around me, trying to take in the surroundings so I could get back it. It was no use it all looked the same. Picking up the stick the figure had dropped I trailed it behind me marking a small line in the floor.

"Cara, Cara you need to wake up we have to go soon." Brogan whispered as I reached the entrance to the wrecked barn.

I forced open my eyes and smiled at him. What just happened? I was outside but then I was here?

I quickly found some fresh clothes in the bottom of my bag and walked to as close to the other side of the barn as I could, avoiding the puddle. I started to get changed, pulling off the layers of warm clothes and replacing them with fresh clothes. It was warm out today luckily. Somehow all the exposed water was able to dry within a few hours after the storm. I decided just to accept it as I was thankful there was some solid ground to walk on instead of mud. I faintly heard Brogan zip up his bag after re packing everything perfectly. I, on the other hand, just pushed my scrunched up clothes into the bag, I could sort them out later.

"Ready?" I asked before we started on the next part of our adventure.

He looked at me, "Sure." He said uncertainly.

I smiled and grabbed his hand following the path that I had drawn before on my encounter with the figure. I don't think Brogan caught if that I was following something. But he didn't change the route because we had no idea where we were. After a few minutes of speed walking we reaches the "X" in the mud. "Look, there's buildings over there in the distance!" I exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, that's got to be good right? Hey, who's that?" He wondered.

I laughed, "What? There's no one there."

Brogan looked confused for a few seconds but shook the thought away. It wasn't important right now whoever it was