Chapter Fifteen

Max's POV

"MAX!!! Some of Cara's stuff have been stolen, you know last night you said you heard someone? They stole Cara's stuff. Someone's broken in. Oh my god, why is everything going happening to us?" Tiffany panicked. For once in my life I'm speechless. I know Cara was here last night but I can't tell her that. On the other hand I can't let her think we're been robbed. I put my arm around her, it was the most I could do without lying or making things worse. No matter who Cara said to me I'd still look out for her and protect her. She needed space and she was only going to get that if her mum didn't know about her getting more of her stuff.

"Sweetie, why would someone break in just for clothes? They were probably gone from when she first walked out. Don't worry it'll be fine." Well, I did try. What else could I do?

"We should call the police? It could be serious?" She picked up the house phone.

I knew I couldn't let this happen. "If we call the police they'll go straight to Cara and then she'll never come back. You do want her to come back right? Just leave it, if anything else happens we'll deal with it then. Okay?" This was obviously the wrong thing to say. Tiffany burst into tears and collapsed on the floor, shaking. She was confused and wanted things to go back to the way they were before, I understand that but she needs to accept what's happened. Maddie's not coming back and she's driving Cara away.

Cara's POV

We headed straight for the basement when we got back to Brogan's home. I was still shaking from the shock of falling. I was so thankful that Brogan followed me otherwise I would've died. I'm not sure what scared me more falling or what I saw and heard.

"Brogan?" I asked.

"Yes babes, what is it?" He responded.

"As I fell...did you see anyone in my room?"

He looked puzzled as he thought about it for a few seconds, "No, I don't think so. No one saw us. Why?"

"Because..."

*Flashback*

"Close it." She hissed as I went to leave the window open. Alice was standing there at my window, the same evil look in her eyes that she had everytime she came to torment me. I did as she said, I didn't want to make her angry again. I think I'd done it enough in my life since that day by the pond.

I knew I could easily make it does the side of the house, I'd snuck in and out before this way it was easy. As I went to shut the window she pushed my other hand of the windowsill and pulled the window shut herself, causing me to lose my grip and slip, it was her plan all along...