6

OWENS POV
"Hey," I heard. I turned to see Amelia walking behind me in the hallways.
"Hey," I smiled.
"How are you today?" She asked cutely. She was cute. God she was so cute. Our friendship was so important to me though. Making sure she was okay was important.
"I'm good," I smiled, "how are you?"
"I'm alright," she said.
"Well that's a start isn't it?" I said.
"Yeah," she said, "yeah I guess it is."
"Did you eat lunch yet today?" I asked.
"No," she said, "I was going to come ask if you wanted to eat with me."
"Well I don't like you that much," I joked. She frowned and I chuckled.
"Just kidding I will eat with you," I said which brought a smile to her face.

DEREKS POV
"Are Owen and Amelia like a thing?" Arizona asked.
"Why? Do you want to bang her?" Meredith said.
"Meredith shut up," I said.
"No! I didn't mean it like that I meant her and Hunt just seem close," Arizona shrugged.
"She seems happier," April said.
"She's trying," I said. I saw Amelia walk in with Owen and she seemed happy, but I worry about her. She was fragile. She really was, no matter how many walls she puts up she is. After our father died I vowed to protect her. She got hurt in LA and I wasn't there, and Ryan is still hurting her despite the divorce. Amelia and Owen came to sit down next to me. April and Arizona got paged so they took their seats.
"What are you doing tonight?" Meredith asked Amelia.
"Hanging out with Owen," Amelia said.
"Owen you can't totally steal her," I joked.
"Why did you need a baby sitter?" Amelia asked.
"No I was just curious," Meredith said.

OWENS POV
"Your house is cute," Amelia said as she walked to the front porch. I unlocked the front door and she kicked her shoes off and sat down on the couch.
"So," Amelia said.
"So?" I chuckled.
"Owen I literally told you my darkest secrets the other night please tell me something about you," she complained.
"I was in the military," I said.
"Where?" She asked as I sat down next to her.
"Iraq on one tour, and I did two tours in Pakistan," I said.
"Were you a trauma surgeon there?" She asked. I nodded.
"Thanks for sharing," she said.
"Does that fulfill your curiosity?" I joked.
"Yes," she said, "for now."
"Okay," I said. I turned the TV on and she grabbed the remote from me.
"Hey!" I laughed as I grabbed it back. She made a pouting face and I chuckled. I found her so adorable, but I know I can't think like that. She is so in love with her ex and has so much love to help him. She's fragile and fighting for her sobriety. I can't.
"What do you want to watch?" I asked.
"Just let me pick," she complained.
"Fine," I said. She put a cooking show and I fake yawned.
"Boring?" She said.
"Yes," I said.
"Fine," she said and put a true crime show on.
"Are you warming up to Seattle?" I asked.
"It's not that I don't like Seattle," she said.
"I know," I said.
"I just miss it," she said, "I also miss my friends. Especially my best friend, Charlotte."
"Well why don't you ask her to visit? I'm sure she'd love to see where you are now," I suggested.
"Yeah," she said, "Maybe I don't know. And addison, I miss her."
"Addison as in Derek's ex wife addison?" I asked.
"Yeah," she laughed, "oh my god it's so funny when the three of us are together."
"She lives out in LA now?" I asked.
"Yeah," she smiled, "she lives with her husband Jake and their son Henry now."
"That's good," I said.
"Yeah," she said.
"And your friend Charlotte?" I asked.
"She's married to Cooper, they have a son Mason and triplets," she said. I could tell how much she cared for her friends just be the way she talked about them.
"They sound like some cool people," I said.
"They're the people that saved my life," she said.