18

AMELIAS POV
Oh my god. I woke up in so much pain. I was having withdrawals. I was sweating and my stomach was in so much pain. I was going to throw up. I looked next to me and Owen was asleep. I can't believe he's going to see me like this. I got up and stumbled into his bathroom and threw up. I forgot about withdrawals. They sucked.
"Amelia?" Owen said groggily, "you okay."
"I'm fine go back to bed," I said.
"You don't look okay. What's wrong?" He said. I leaned over the toilet and threw up. He pulled my hair behind my ears as I threw up. I stopped and I weakly looked at him.
"I'm having alcohol withdrawals," I said.
"Okay, is there anything I can do?" He asked.
"I, I don't know," I cried.
"Okay well let's start with something simple. Can I get you water? Food?" He asked.
"Water would be good thank you," I said.
"Anything to eat?" He asked as he rubbed my back. I shook my head no.
"What about work? Can I call out for you?" He asked.
"Fuck," I cried as I put my head in my hands.
"Okay we don't have to decide that now," he said softly, "you're sweating do you want shorts?"
"Yeah," I said.
"Okay, I'll be back," he said. I cried as I sat on the bathroom floor. I cannot believe I'm putting him through this. I should leave. He doesn't deserve to deal with this. I can get a hotel room. I got up and grabbed my jacket as I looked for my keys.
"What are you looking for?" Owen asked as he came back with a glass of water.
"Owen I can stay somewhere else. You're not my mom. You're not Derek. You don't have to take care of me. I'm sorry I came home with you last night," I said.
"Sit down," he said.
"No I'm just gonna go," I said and grabbed my keys. He grabbed my keys out of my hands and I looked up at him.
"You need help. I know you don't like asking for help, so you're not asking, I'm giving you help. I know you're going to stand here and wonder why and think you're burdening me, but you're not. You're my friend, and friends help each other out when they're in trouble. I want to help you because I care about you, and you're not allowed to deny it because that would make you a bad friend," Owen said. I couldn't help but smile.
"Okay," I said, "thank you."
"You're welcome," he said. He handed me the glass of water and I sat down on his bed.
"You need anything else?" He asked.
"Can you make it colder in here?" I asked, "sweating is such a bad alcohol withdrawal."
"Yes of course," he said.
"Thank you," I said. He came back after a few minutes and sat down next to me.
"You feeling any better?" He asked.
"A little, thank you," I said, "I'm sorry I woke you."
"It's okay. Stop apologizing," he said gently.
"Okay," I said.
"I care about you," he said.
"I care about you too. That's why I feel bad," I explained.
"You don't need to feel bad," he said. I looked down at my lap and he pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. I looked up at him and he gave me a small smile.
"Can we go back to bed?" I asked.
"Yeah," he said as he rubbed my back. I laid my head on his chest as I laid down.
"You comfortable?" He asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Wake me if you need anything," he said.
"Thank you," I said, "thank you for being you."
"No need to thank me Amelia," he said.

DEREKS POV
"Amelia called out?" I said looking at my phone.
"Is she here?" Meredith asked. I looked out the window and didn't see her car.
"Shit she's not here," I said, "do you think something happened?"
"Did she came home last night? Did you hear her come in?" Meredith asked.
"No I didn't," I said, "shit Meredith she's probably in trouble." She got an alert on her phone and looked over at it.
"Owen called out too," Meredith said, "April asked me to cover the pit because of it. Do you think it's a coincidence?"
"Probably not. I'll head over there," I said.
"Okay," Meredith said and pecked my lips, "good luck I hope she's okay."
"Me too," I said. I should have been watching her better. I haven't been. I've been distracted. I've been a bad brother. I drove over to Owen's house and knocked on his front door. The door opened and it was Owen.
"Hey," He said.
"Is she here?" I asked.
"Yeah," Owen said, "she's in the kitchen." I walked into the kitchen and Amelia looked up from a bowl of cereal. She looked really sick. I knew the look. She was having withdrawals, which meant she relapsed. Shit.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she said.
"You alright?" I asked.
"I uh," she said, "I'm sure you can figure it out."
"Talk to me. What happened?" I asked as I sat down.
"I relapsed with alcohol," she said, "I stayed here with Owen last night when I told him. I'm getting sober again."
"I'm sorry I missed it," I said.
"Don't apologize. It was my mistake not yours. I'm not your responsibility," she said, "it was just a mistake. That's all."